Excessively greasy hair!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually. Good quality shampoos nowadays are not harsh at all. If you buy a cheap shampoo that is likely to strip the oils.

Sodium Laureth Sulphate is a main ingredient that helps make the lather. Many companies are removing SLS' from their products. It's a stupid misconception that lather means clean. It's a completely incorrect thought.
exactly, the suds are actually a bad thing.... so i don't see why people think they need to do it more than once :mad: and yes, not harsh if used once, but if you're using it twice 3 times a week or more *most people don't know washing excessive isn't good, and if they're doing it daily thats 14 shampoos!!! or 6 if 3 times a week, which is absolutely terrible for the hair, compared to 1 or 2 shampoos during the ENTIRE week, so think about it, if we were to all shampoo our hair 6-14 times a week we'd be all thinning and have very dry rubbery straw hair haha!

The suds can mean all sorts, usually it can be said that if the hair suds a lot it lacks in moisture and is very porous.

If your hair suds a lot you need moisture.

Daniel just a pointer instead of writing loads of responses edit your first original post as it makes the topic look messy and future posters may just disregard it and not comment as there is too much to read.

To the OP is it just your daughters hair that's the problem or is her skin affected too? It's possibly just her age as you said she's going through puberty. Does she like to brush her hair regularly throughout the day? I would also try rinsing her brushes through to remove the build up from them as this won't help either! X

Daniel just a pointer instead of writing loads of responses edit your first original post as it makes the topic look messy and future posters may just disregard it and not comment as there is too much to read.

To the OP is it just your daughters hair that's the problem or is her skin affected too? It's possibly just her age as you said she's going through puberty. Does she like to brush her hair regularly throughout the day? I would also try rinsing her brushes through to remove the build up from them as this won't help either! X

It didn't even occur to me brushes! Yes! Give brushes a good clean. And change pillow cases more frequently. You might be amazed how that may help!

also, op if you're still here (lol) invest in a boar bristle brush, will help distribute the oils so that even if her hair is oily it wont look as oily just being focused on the roots :) If you want to know about a boar bristle brush and what the difference between it and other brushes are, please PM me!

Let's keep this on topic please, out of respect to the OP.

Well! That's a lot of information to take in on the first read!:D
I will definitely give all this and advice and tips a go. Cleaning her hairbrush and changing her pillow case more often didn't even occur to me! Lol
Thanks all, it's much appreciated :)

Well! That's a lot of information to take in on the first read!:D
I will definitely give all this and advice and tips a go. Cleaning her hairbrush and changing her pillow case more often didn't even occur to me! Lol
Thanks all, it's much appreciated :)

Let us know how you/she gets on. X

Silk pillow cases as well they say helps prolong it wether that's just a myth or not I haven't tried it yet.

With the dry shampoo don't just use it on the hair you can see at the time go through it and take it in to sections not too thick and not to thin. If I'm wearing my hair back and just do the hair line I get another day out of it if I go through it and do it in sections I get at least 2/3 days x

They also say to apply dry shampoo to clean hair. Before it gets oily.

@BellsandWhistles, it's been a couple of weeks now, have any of these helped, if you've gotten round to trying them?

Hi,
Yes, I've certainly noticed a difference with using citrus shampoos and changing her pillow case every other day. She's so grateful bless her. All the advice was much appreciated! X

Latest posts

Back