Excesssive Sweating

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PLAOH

jog jog jogging
Reaction score
My waxing client has a daughter (aged 14) who seems to sweat alot especially under one arm.

Has anyone come across this problem and if so what are the remedies? Should she avoid any types of deodrant??

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

when people sweat excessively it is known as hyperhidrosis but hormones are usually all over the place at that age so i wouldn't recommend anything til she went to see her gp (especially if the condition is only under one arm). the poor wee thing is probably quite self-concious about it xxx

There is a roll on deodarant for this called DRICLOR, it can be bought in pharmacies over the counter and is amazing.
H x

Yeah as H says Driclor and PerspireX is fab however if its just one underarm and not both id be inclined to refer to Gp as Banana says!

Driclor is amazing, ive used it for years and dont ever sweat... some people find they sweat in other places!!
Can get it on pescription from gp.
xox

Yes she could contact the Dr to rule out any thing serious may well be just hormones , but I was reading about the uses of white vinegar and there are lots of people who have this excesive sweating problem where they sweat more in one pit and it smells , after a shower put some white vinegar diluted with water on a cotton wool pad and wipe arm pit with it leave to dry for 10 mins and will help with oder.
Will smell a bit for 1st 5 mins then vinegar smell goes I know some one who tried it and it works she could them put normal deodorant on if she wants but seems like a good cheap remedy :)

There was a huge thread on this subject last year....use the search facility and have a look, as I remember there was a vast amount of great info on it x

I had this problem in my teens, it was just on one side (no odour)
I went to the doctors and they referred me to a dermatologist, the treatments on offer included tablets which stopped sweating completely by blocking the sweat glands but it was all over the body so not really healthy! Botox in the underarm, anxiety counselling (as its usually caused by the anxiety of worrying about the sweating that causes you to sweat once its become a problem) or driclor which contains mainly Aluminium Chloride which is said to be not too good for you!
I opted for the driclor and it does work although it can be quite irritating. My daughter is 13 and has just started to have the same problem but I think she is too young for the driclor as aluminium chloride in deodorant was linked to cancer I think!

It's a horrible embarrassing problem! xx

Latest posts

Back