Excited about new job-any tips?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlyema

Reaction score
Starting in my new job this morning at a nail bar in a hair salon. Really excited as I wasn't happy in my old position for a while. We are going to be offering natural nail treatments only ie shellac and vinylux manicures and pedicures which is what I excel at so really happy! As its a high end salon we will be charging higher prices than almost all our competition so im kinda nervous. Any tips on little extras I could add on to service that dont take a lot of time but make us stand out from the crowd??

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ah good luck hun. I'd say nail art, Swarovski crystals, massage etc. x

Congratulations on the new job!!
I work from my home salon and I charge a little bit more than a lot of the salons in my area and certainly more than mobile techs, but I have regular clients and plenty enough work so do not have a problem.
I charge what I think is fair, considering all true products level of training, professional dress and equipment. Etc.

It might not be possible but I always have little extras:
First appointment my client receives a free pinkie solar oil.
I always offer tea, coffee, herbal teas, or cold drinks.
I normally have homemade cake or cupcakes to offer aswell - I know this isn't possible for everyone but my regulars often look forward to a low fat brownie or strawberry cupcake.
I also have gentle music playing.
Candles lit.
And fresh flowers.

I think once you are comfortable with the new prices and know that you are worth these prices, you won't think twice about charging clients.

Good luck! X

I want to come to your home salon :Love:

I work from my home salon and I charge a little bit more than a lot of the salons in my area and certainly more than mobile techs, but I have regular clients and plenty enough work so do not have a problem.
I charge what I think is fair, considering all true products level of training, professional dress and equipment. Etc.

I normally have homemade cake or cupcakes to offer aswell - I know this isn't possible for everyone but my regulars often look forward to a low fat brownie or strawberry cupcake.
Candles lit.
And fresh flowers.

I think once you are comfortable with the new prices and know that you are worth these prices, you won't think twice about charging clients.

Good luck! X

Candles lit.
And fresh flowers.

Good luck! X

I want to come here! Haha shame you're in York and I'm in Essex x

Haha. Thank you geeks!! I just think if I have a new client, they'll come back for the brownies if nothing else. (Not to blow my own trumpet but they're 100kcal and AMAZING!) :) x

Thanks! Just had the one client to start with this morning. Gave her a little massage as an extra. Its hard to fit things in as most clients are booking for when their hair colour develops to save time!

Latest posts

Back