Excited and Nervous!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suzev

Reaction score
Hi Im a newbie but am addicted to this site. Anyway after speaking to a hairdresser friend of mine, she mentioned that her boss may be looking for someone to rent a table for nails, so I rang her today and she wants to have a chat on Friday. I was so excited, but now am starting to be a little scared. I have b een doing some clients from home (mainly friends and friends of friends)and they have all seemed happy with the results but have yet to properly launch due to problems getting my room ready etc. My plan was to work 1 or 2 days at a salon and the rest from home (due to children commitments). I qualified in C &G manicures in March with distinction and L & P in June (again with distinction). I have also recently done some 1 to 1 training with Anne Swain at Milton Keynes which was great and left me full of enthusiasm as well as helping me see things much more clearly. I have been practicing non stop and cant stop thinking about all things nails!(sad i know!) But after my initial excitment I am now worried whether i will be good enough to launch myself on the good old general public!
Anyway enough rambling on, I guess I just needed to vent my feelings. (I keep singing "Im so excited"!!)lol
Any tips about what Ts & Cs I should be looking for and also any important questions (bar the obvious) that I should ask the salon boss.:eek:
Thanks.

Hiya Suzev,

You need to have the confidence and get out there and do it! You sound just like I did just after I qualified, I got 100% in my course, I was so proud and so happy to be in the industry.. I was soooo excited, still am, and still want to live, breath and think nails.

I am sure you are just fine to go 'public' and you will learn from your own mistakes along the way. That's the way I did it, just started the business and it has gone from strength to strength!

The biggest thing I found helps is as you're working and also at the end of the appt I always, always ask 'Are you 100% happy with them?' and 'how is the length and shape?' and 'is there anything you want changed?'. That way you are opening up the communication and they will tell you if they do/do not like something.

Also, make sure you double check the exact cost of renting the table before you start so nothing comes as a surprise along the way..

Goodluck hun.. xox

Welcome to the site x
Firstly you need to check how much rent is to be paid and if it's daily or weekly etc.
As soon as I qualified I rented a room and it gave me lots of experience which is what is needed but be careful that you are not left out of pocket.
Good luck! x

Thanks guys for your support and advice, Ill let u know what happens.
Sue x

Latest posts

Back