Exercise belt.. has anyone used them?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jodie4156

Reaction score
Hi geeks

I was just wondering of any of you have tried those exercise bands you can strap around your stomach or thighs etc and they send mini pulsations to the muscles ?

Apparently they're equivalent to 100's of sit ups! So if anyone has tried or still uses one I would like to hear your opinion on them whether they're actually any good :) xx

Hi geeks

I was just wondering of any of you have tried those exercise bands you can strap around your stomach or thighs etc and they send mini pulsations to the muscles ?

Apparently they're equivalent to 100's of sit ups! So if anyone has tried or still uses one I would like to hear your opinion on them whether they're actually any good :) xx

hiya!! I used to get asked this aaaall the time, im also a fully qualified (+8yrs sports physio experience!!) physiotherapist, so maybe i can help!!
basically you have 2 types of muscle fibre, 1 fast,1 slow. these machines only work the fast fibres, so will do nothing for your muscle stamina or real tone if its not used along side other abdominal work. i wouldnt waste your money tbh, get a good abdominal programme going alongside cardio, as if you have any fat over your tummy you could do all the sit ups in the world and wear these belts and not see a physical improvement til the fat layer has been removed with cardio. (not saying you do btw lol!!)

no quick fixes im afraid!!! Pilates is great for toning abs and body shape :) xxx

hiya!! I used to get asked this aaaall the time, im also a fully qualified (+8yrs sports physio experience!!) physiotherapist, so maybe i can help!!
basically you have 2 types of muscle fibre, 1 fast,1 slow. these machines only work the fast fibres, so will do nothing for your muscle stamina or real tone if its not used along side other abdominal work. i wouldnt waste your money tbh, get a good abdominal programme going alongside cardio, as if you have any fat over your tummy you could do all the sit ups in the world and wear these belts and not see a physical improvement til the fat layer has been removed with cardio.

no quick fixes im afraid!!! Pilates is great for toning abs and body shape :) xxx

Thanks for your help! I know there's no quick fixes I just noticed my mom had one and was wondering whether to try it out lol

A lot of my friends have started pole fitness as well do you think that's good for core strengths? I don't know if I'm confident enough to start that though! I bet it's full of little skinnies!

Might try out Pilates then n get my mom to come along with me! I'm getting too podgy now and need to get motivated maybe she can be my fitness buddy for extra motivation of beating her haha xx

Thanks for your help! I know there's no quick fixes I just noticed my mom had one and was wondering whether to try it out lol

A lot of my friends have started pole fitness as well do you think that's good for core strengths? I don't know if I'm confident enough to start that though! I bet it's full of little skinnies!

Might try out Pilates then n get my mom to come along with me! I'm getting too podgy now and need to get motivated maybe she can be my fitness buddy for extra motivation of beating her haha xx

definately a big thumbs up to the pole fitness!!! i done it for 2 years prior to having my baby and i can honestly say my upper body and core had never been so toned!!! i started it as a podgy size 16 with little tone and ended it a very toned 14 with no diet or anything just the pole classes!! my class there was only 1 skinny, the rest were like me, and we all seemed to be over 25 aswell!! xxx

definately a big thumbs up to the pole fitness!!! i done it for 2 years prior to having my baby and i can honestly say my upper body and core had never been so toned!!! i started it as a podgy size 16 with little tone and ended it a very toned 14 with no diet or anything just the pole classes!! my class there was only 1 skinny, the rest were like me, and we all seemed to be over 25 aswell!! xxx

Ooh wow that's me at the minute lol a podgy size 16 but fortunately I only look about a 14 when people find out in a 16 they're shocked I have to wear clothes so big, but I know I'm a 16 and I feel like one to lol! How many times a week did you do pole fitness hun xx

i went to 1 class a week for 1.5hrs, but i bought a pole after a while and done maybe another hour or so a week at home aswell! you should go for it!! i ended up being able to hang by one leg upside down haha not that i could do it now, no muscles left!!! the girl who was doing my local classes isnt teaching them anymore due to lack of interest, im gutted!! xxx

i went to 1 class a week for 1.5hrs, but i bought a pole after a while and done maybe another hour or so a week at home aswell! you should go for it!! i ended up being able to hang by one leg upside down haha not that i could do it now, no muscles left!!! the girl who was doing my local classes isnt teaching them anymore due to lack of interest, im gutted!! xxx

Wow I can't imagine that must feel like such an achievement!! If I was you I would just join somewhere else then! After all you did see results ;) xxx

Latest posts

Back