experimenting with new stuff

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

florence2004

Reaction score
Do you guys stick to the stuff you know or do you experiment with new stuff? If you experiment how do you know what to do?

I have just got some glimmer powder but no idea what to do with it. Should i just have a play about and see what happens?

Ooh I'm a serial faffer, rainy Sunday afternoon I get the nail trainer out and have a mess about with my glitter and stuff. It doesn't always work out or look brilliant but sometimes I hit upon something that looks good. Go for it!!

Just have a play about.
You can add glimmer to any of your perfect powders to jazz them up a bit. It looks really nice mixed in with perfect white BUT remember to use a different brush as you cannot get all the sparkly bits off it so when you come to do plain P&W you will have glittery bits in it:eek:

have fun x

what so just put a bit of glimmer and a bit of white in a pot and mix them up then apply like normal?

what so just put a bit of glimmer and a bit of white in a pot and mix them up then apply like normal?

Yup :)

Must admit i tried it on it's own as well, but it tends to look a little grey :eek:

Absolutely...give it a try..

You know the basics from your Course therefore you will work safely, and be able to apply your knowledge to anything you want to try........
I think you should always have a sense of adventure...and be prepared to try something new.......Go for it!!!

Just have a play about.
You can add glimmer to any of your perfect powders to jazz them up a bit. It looks really nice mixed in with perfect white...

I have recently bought some Mosaic Glimmer powder from GMEX. The representative on the creative stand suggested I mix it 50:50 with perfect colour white. However - this seems to have "drowned out" all the glimmer, all I can see is one spec of glitter left

:sad:

Can anyone recommend a better mix ration for using this product?

Thanks in advance.

Glimmer is clear powder with a twinkle in it. Too much in your white can make it quite transparent and less "white" more "grey"

Twighlight is a fantastic tip colour, more a soft white with twinkle.

I add glimmer in with perfect pink/ intense pink for a bit of a bling effect!

ive mixed a bit of the glimmer in with some perfect pink powder and use it with pink and whites to give them a bit more sparkle. Some of my clients love it as its a bit different

Glimmer is clear powder with a twinkle in it. Too much in your white can make it quite transparent and less "white" more "grey"

Twighlight is a fantastic tip colour, more a soft white with twinkle.

I add glimmer in with perfect pink/ intense pink for a bit of a bling effect!
i`m wearing the twilight powder mixed with perfect pink and it looks great!!!

Thanks everyone.

As Jackie said, I am just trying to get into experimenting with different things (have red glitter to try also!). My white does not look grey in any way so I guess I could try getting away with more glimmer?

I wanted the twighlight but they didnt have any at the show. The Creative lady said the glimmer would work really well with white - but perhaps not?
:confused:

Its good to try new things, I'll often do them on myself before anyone else though!

Latest posts

Back