Explaining the difference between Shellac and Bio Sculpture

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gjg1

Reaction score
I'm doing a wedding fayre on Sunday and will be promoting our salon along with my colleagues. I do Shellac and Bio Sculture Gel and I can never find a way to explain the difference without umming and arring and making a plonker of myself! :o I know they are two totally different systems but could anyone help me out with wording it well?!

I will be promoting Bio at this fayre and my colleague is promoting Shellac. I love both of them and I don't want to sound like I'm favouring either of them but at the same time explain the benefits of each.

I do honestly feel silly for asking but I figured there may be someone on here to help rather than me stressing about it :rolleyes:

Thaks in advance :biggrin:

I always say something along the lines of 'Shellac is the only product on the Market that is a true fusion of polish technology and gel technology, meaning it applies exactly like a polish, so no buffing of the natural nail during application or removal, yet it lasts just as long as gel and removes in 10 minutes flat.'
If they still want to compare to gels such as Bio etc just sell the Shellac for what it is-a 'power polish'. Say Bio is a gel, not a polish, can be used to extend the nail or repair if need be etc.
I had a Bio client come for Shellac today and couldn't believe the difference in the application process. However her natural nails were amazing and so she just didn't need Bio, all she wanted was long lasting colour and she got that from Shellac.
I just try to explain how Shellac is unique, rather than compare it to gels or gel polishes as there is really no comparison.

Good luck, you'll do great I'm sure. Xx

Last edited:
Shellac is a power polish with an element of a gel so it has some strength and can be cured. But it is not a gel. It will last for 14 days and the nails are super shiny. Not good for weak bendy flakey nails.

BioSculpture is obviously a gel, it is stronger than Shellac and will last for 3 weeks. Bio is for all nail types and particularly good for those which are weak bendy and flakey.

Shellac is a quicker service. Quicker on and quicker off.

Bio will stand up to a lot more.

I use both and love them both.

Jscqui xx

Thank you both! That has really helped. I'll let you know how I get on :biggrin:

Hello again! Did the wedding fayre yesterday. I was doing bio on a model and my colleague was doing shellac. It wasn't as busy as the last one as it was a lovely day! So therefore no one was asking differences! Infact I don't think anyone asked me anything!! Never mind at least I got to do a set of bio sculptures. Thanks for your help tho x

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

There is a brochure that I would be happy to send to anyone using Shellac called 'Why Shellac?' email me at [email protected] and quote your S2 customer number for professional verification.

It gives you all the correct verbiage to use when explaining differences and is geared towards your clients. CND always provide you with these things and all you have to do is ask.

Ok thank u geeg I will definitely email you. Your are so helpful, u emailed me the aftercare advice sheet before and not a single client of mine leaves without one! Thank u so much :) x

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back