Exploring the Feasibility of Using Spray Tan for Airbrush Tattoos

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jameswilliam

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've been toying with the idea of incorporating spray tan techniques into airbrush tattoos. It seems like an intriguing concept that could potentially offer unique results.

Has anyone experimented with this fusion of techniques? I'm curious about the feasibility, longevity, and overall quality of such tattoos.

Are there specific types of spray tan products that work better for this purpose?

how does the application process differ from traditional airbrush tattooing?

Any insights, tips, or experiences on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Hey everyone,

I've been toying with the idea of incorporating spray tan techniques into airbrush tattoos. It seems like an intriguing concept that could potentially offer unique results.

Has anyone experimented with this fusion of techniques? I'm curious about the feasibility, longevity, and overall quality of such tattoos.

Are there specific types of spray tan products that work better for this purpose?

how does the application process differ from traditional airbrush tattooing?

Any insights, tips, or experiences on this subject would be greatly appreciated.
thanks in advance for any help

I don’t imagine that spray tan techniques would be beneficial since a spray tan gun sprays a fine mist over a relatively large area with the intention of creating a fine mist of droplets.

However using a spray tan product for an airbrush tattoo could work. You’d need the deeper products rather than bronzer.

If you wanted to ombré spray the body in colours that would work but you’d be best advised to adopt ,airbrush make up techniques rather than spray tan. There’s no reason why you couldn’t spray tan and body tattoo as long as you were able to mask off neatly with a silicone sheet that didn’t lift product off the skin. Time wise it wouldn’t be cost effective though - a lot of effort for a small range of options , it’s the sort of thing you could do for a film set where the budget can stretch to the time required, or possibly a fashion show - but the models would need to be paid well as they couldn’t fit several shows into a day if they had body paint tattoos and they’d need to be well compensated.

Also it’s worth bearing in mind that spray tan lasts 7-10 days. From a client point of view it would be better to get them to fake tan carefully at home for a base colour and use a make up sponge carefully around their tattoo. Much more cost effective. Using a stencil and fake tan or selling a stencil for use with fake tan wouldn’t work because fake tan doesn’t have the depth of colour that you’d need, it’s a much more natural colour product. I guess you could use a stencil for a six pack though, body builders get a spray tan and go dark, but there might be a market for beach bodies.

I don’t spray tan anymore (I have a barely used, inflatable spray tan tent which is fantastic if anyone is interested) I used to use contouring techniques to give a sun kissed look. So you spray above the client as the sun would strike the body and either do 2 coats or use 2 products so that the inside arms and breasts are golden and flabby bits are slight darker.

I don’t do too much contouring because it just goes blotchy - that’s what make up bronzer is for.

Latest posts

Back