Expression / Frown lines - What Treatment ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

River

Reaction score
Hi,

Well, I've noticed over the past couple of weeks that I have developed the dreaded "l l" frown lines between my eyes, except that mine look more like this "l /".

So I took myself of to Boots yesterday to have a look at all the "miracle cures" but walked away empty handed as to be honest, I just didn't know what to get and which product would actually deliver on their promises.

So here is the question.... what product would you recommend to prevent / ease the look of expression / frown lines ?

I'm on a budget, so really cant afford to splash out, but wouldn't mind paying a bit more if the product is actually good.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated !

River

hi i've been using roc retin-ox + day and night and it does seem to be helping i bought it when boots had it on 1/2 price offer though cos it is quite dear hth:)

ali.t said:
hi i've been using roc retin-ox + day and night and it does seem to be helping i bought it when boots had it on 1/2 price offer though cos it is quite dear hth:)

Hi,

Do you use it for your expression lines ? How has it made a difference and how long have you been using it ?

River

been using round the eyes (crows feet:eek: ) it seems to have reduced /made the skin bit firmer cant really explain it very well but i can see a difference:)

Anyone else ??

Or are me and Ali the only ones with wrinkles on here :lol: :lol:

River

you need to stop frowning my dear and all will be well! LOL

come and visit me - you'll go home with laughter lines not frown lines!

I frown all the time and don't know I am doing it..... My birthday next month I want botox but judging by the prices it will have to be double sided carpet tape instead!:cry:

tentips said:
I frown all the time and don't know I am doing it..... My birthday next month I want botox but judging by the prices it will have to be double sided carpet tape instead!:cry:

pmsl !!!

i have seen a few products advertised on telly for stuff that's just a cream that reduces wrinkles and it has botox in or something - hubby says its just polyfiller basically... !!!

But L'Oreal (i think) was the last one I saw and its high street stuff so will be inexpensive.

Let us know what you choose.. :hug:

Has anyone tried 'frownies' ?? Im thinking of giving them a go...my expression lines are getting deeper.

Think you wear frownies for bed to prevent further creasing!

MD formulations is quite good. We use it in work and i often get the peels done. My skin is so smooth and fresh afterwards. Im sure they will have a product that suits your needs.

i have that horrid frown line between my eyes above my nose......not done anything about it cause i like everyone thinking i am a miserable old cow bag pmsl

hope Im not gonna get slated for posting about Virgin Vie - but Im a consultant - and not scouting for extra sales btw - been doing it or over 2 years now - just want to say that freeze frame moisturiser and serum is fantastic and is half the price of ardens and loreals. It contains retinol and argililene which mimics the effects of botox. Ive been using it for months and love it. It actually does freeze and plump out the lines on the forehead and the serum tightens the skin, you can also use them in conjunction with your usual skincare system, they are an add on not a replacement. They are £30 and £35 each or £50 for the two. For further info:

http://www.myvirgincosmetics.co.uk/...K_LeftNavCats&subcatID=VIRGIN_UK_Above_Beyond

lancome do a serum which comes with a small massager ball on the end of it, u get 2 in the box, about £30 i think, its a white box with 2 sticks (bit like white felt pens). cant remember the name of it...but its good, i noticed a difference after about 2 weeks, apply a little and massage, they say the massage is getting rid of the toxin build up, and u can use round your lips also..go into lancome for a demo...

River said:
Hi,

Well, I've noticed over the past couple of weeks that I have developed the dreaded "l l" frown lines between my eyes, except that mine look more like this "l /".

So I took myself of to Boots yesterday to have a look at all the "miracle cures" but walked away empty handed as to be honest, I just didn't know what to get and which product would actually deliver on their promises.

So here is the question.... what product would you recommend to prevent / ease the look of expression / frown lines ?

I'm on a budget, so really cant afford to splash out, but wouldn't mind paying a bit more if the product is actually good.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated !

River

Mine are more like this \\\ /// I think even if I had a face lift they would never get them pulled flat lmao

River said:
Hi,

?

River

You can buy creams that will soften your skin but they won't stop you frowning at all . It is the muscle that is causing you to frown .
For a cream to penetrate the skin to reach the muscle it would have to be licenced as a medicine,
Botox is the only thing that really works it actually relaxes the muscle so no frown, unfortunately it costs £200.00 every 4 or 5 months .
I have had Botox in my frown area between the eyes 5 times and I think it is excellent ,ive had no side effects its worth every penny to me . I have a State registered nurse Jayne who has been comming to my salon and treating my clients with Botox and or Perlane (fillers) for 5 years I wouldn't be without it iv'e had no side effects you can come and look at my forehead if you like ..lol.

There is one thing though if you do have Botox don't shop around for the cheapest quote there are people who are unqualified so check their credentials first

Ruby

I use Astral and smile more to confuse the lines.

I don't look any younger but I look a lot more cheerful !!!!!!!!!!!

Hi,

Thanks for all the responses. Glad to see I'm not the only one with wrinkles :lol:

I was looking at the Frownies yesterday as they were recommended in one of the magazines, but wasn't sure if it was just another gimmick.

Also having done some research on the web, there are two products that keep getting consistently good reviews called StriVectin-SD and AlphaDerma CE. Needless to say, they also cost a pretty packet !!

I saw a cream in Boots the other day that said it contained a form of "plant" Botox that relaxes the muscle. I was tempted by it, but once again thought it was just another gimmick. I can't remember the name of the cream though ...

So yes, after spending about 3 hrs surfing the net yesterday and reading loads of articles and reviews etc. I still don't know what to get :irked:

Botox sounds like the way to go, but I can't afford £200 every couple of months !

River

pazzy said:
Has anyone tried 'frownies' ?? Im thinking of giving them a go...my expression lines are getting deeper.

Think you wear frownies for bed to prevent further creasing!

I did...they did absolutely nothing and it was like going to bed wrapped in brown paper. You can get them for frown lines and crows feet.

Latest posts

Back