Extension client nightmare, appreciate any input!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirrin

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Sorry for the essay!

So I posted a little about this a while ago.
I had a client in April who had a full head of nanos fitted.
She came in for a colour match and a consultation, filled in her consultation form, I fitted her extensions and off she went, really happy and full of compliments.

A week later she messaged me saying loads of her eyensions have slipped out so I asked her to come in to take a look, she then tells me that she's had nanos fitted before and they all fell out (one of my consultation form questions is about previous methods and she stated she's only ever had micro rings) so she lied.

when she's come in the hair was in horrendous condition, after a week. (I've used the same supplier as I do often and the hairs always perfect) It was dry, and tatty like it had excessive heat applied for prolonged periods. And her hair was exceptionally greasy, again another question on my form to which she ticked no so another lie.
I told her I'd change the nanos into micro rings and she was happy with that but I didn't have her shade in stock so I needed to order them.
She Cancelled two refit appointments, which I offered for free as a goodwill and I bought the rings myself as another good will.
Then she wanted a refund and the hair back as she's moved cities.
I refunded her fitting fee. And her Mam was going to pick her hair up.

Over a month later and I still have this hair, she gets in touch asking me to post it and I post it to her. Out of my own pocket as another good will.

Now she's messaging me saying she's going to trade and standards as the hair isn't the right colour (never mentioned before) it didn't stay in her head, she's out of pocket by this much money, she's getting the hair tested, do I have insurance, will I send her the receipts and so on.

I have a picture of it before and after and it's spot on, but it won't let me upload it!

Any advice, experiences and so on would be really appreciated as I'm stressed out.

Do not worry she hasn't a leg to stand on trading standards will inform her of that. You have done everything required and more those are nothing but empty threats in which you have no legal obligation to ablidge. Please just block this lady's number and forget all about her. If she continues to message you simply say to her anymore and you will sue for herassment, this will stop her in her tracks. We have all had clients like this don't worry, stand your ground be tough and please do not worry like I said she has no leg to stand on and trading standards will tell her that. Even a solicitor will inform her likewise. X

Also if you have the reciet or invoice off the hair extension company simply send it to her and tell her to follow up her complaint regarding hair testing with the company they will have their own legal team which will deal with it. X

I agree with the above, It sounds like she's trying to intimidate you by threatening with trading standards.. by what you have said you have followed all the right actions to try and resolve the problems she complained about.
If there is anything I have learned from this industry it is that you always get at least one of this type of person who will love what you have done then decide to confront you with issues further along the line..
You have nothing to feel bad about, you offered to refit for free and you haven't withheld the hair from her as you posted it back. Hope you feel better about it soon x

What a nutter! I would be pretty sure you aren't the only one who has been subjected to her attitude. I would be firm and honest and tell her she was dishonest on her consultation form, mistreated the hair and although u have bent over backwards to make her happy she still isn't. I would call her bluff and say, fine see u in court. She will then go away I expect and probably bully someone else. Don't back down stick to your guns. She has absolutely no grounds to sue.

Latest posts

Back