Extension placement

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jotommo

Reaction score
hi i have a new client that has base shade 3-4 and wants some highlights but i an not 100% the condition is good enough to start bleachin! plus from what i can make out she dyes it every bloody week anyway,

so ....... i have talked into letting me do them with extensions! i use balamain, pre-bonded,
my questoin is,,,, how would you do it? would you use them as microbonds and do say 3-4 layers of do one miss one, either side of parting and some at the back? does that make sense? lol
thanks

Last edited:
hi i have a new clients that has base shade 3-4 and wants some highlights but i an not 1005 the condition is good enough to start bleachin! plus from what i can make out she dyes it every bloody week anyway,

so ....... i have talked into letting me do them with extensions! i use balamain, pre-bonded,
my questoin is,,,, how would you do it? would you use them as microbonds and do say 3-4 layers of do one miss one, either side of parting and some at the back? does that make sense? lol
thanks

Hi, if its just a few just place them in loosley around the front with a clip at first.... then if they look good where you have placed them ask the client what she thinks ?
if she agrees she likes the placement then you can go ahead , and just do the rest by eye (iykwim)
good idea about the extensions instead of colouring naff hair , if only all clients would listen to good advice :)

thanks minky! :)

I would also micro-bond them so they look more natural :)

Yes the micro extensions do look alot better.

did the micro's it worked really well, think it would of looked awful had i nt made them smaller first!! dint realise how thick they were??
thanks guys xxxxxxxx

Latest posts

Back