Extension Salon Software/Tracker/Salon Iris?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shellbert

Reaction score
Hi Guys
I know we've had a similar thread before but I'm narrowing it down to 3 systems now. They all cost about £1000 to purchase and I know that sounds alot but I dont know of any other that offers cheaper prices.
These 3 I think have a pay monthly/two monthly interest free option, but I was wanting to know if anyone is using the Salon Iris or Extension system as I've had a play with the Tracker Software and I like that.
Would love your feedback if you don't mind- or any other links to recommended, cheaper systems. I already have a pc to set it up on.
Many thanks
Michelle:rolleyes:

There has been a lot of discussion on this, I looked at Salon Iris, yes the software is cheap but when I looked in to more I found that I was only getting 2 hours worth of support for the first 90 days, this might sound ok, but for me this was a big issue not being very computer minded, when I looked at further support I found that it was £39 per hour or £249 per month, put this on top and it was very expensive.
I went with Prosolutions from DWB Solutions, the system is good and easy to use I also have 1years unlimited phone support and training and I paid £1,600 and its worth every penny give them a try Spa Management Software and Salon Software for Spa's, Day Spa's, Hotel Spa's Beauty Salon's and Clinics from DWB Solutions Ltd

I'd be interested to hear what the main features of the £1,000 salon management systems are, and what you would consider the most essential features, and what features you would consider less important.

In particular, what did the more expensive solutions offer that the cheaper ones didn't?

This discussion just seems to keep coming up in the forums! As I’ve said in previous posts I use Studio Tracker and I’m happy with it. In response to Ruth, I had found that cheap systems weren’t user friendly and that was especially important to me as my staff aren’t the most IT literate bunch. They also have a tech support team who are always at the end of the phone if someone can’t work something, and this doesn't cost anything. In terms of the software generally, you have to see a system as an investment, and I can say the features of the software have paid for themselves in terms of the efficiency in monitoring clients’ spending patterns and using this information to your advantage e.g. sending promotional texts to draw customers back. Hope this helps both of you guys xx

This discussion just seems to keep coming up in the forums! As I’ve said in previous posts I use Studio Tracker and I’m happy with it. In response to Ruth, I had found that cheap systems weren’t user friendly and that was especially important to me as my staff aren’t the most IT literate bunch. They also have a tech support team who are always at the end of the phone if someone can’t work something, and this doesn't cost anything. In terms of the software generally, you have to see a system as an investment, and I can say the features of the software have paid for themselves in terms of the efficiency in monitoring clients’ spending patterns and using this information to your advantage e.g. sending promotional texts to draw customers back. Hope this helps both of you guys xx

I've had a look at the details for Studio Tracker & looking at the lease prices for just the software, the weekly price is given. Is that an ongoing payment or at some point do you own the software?

Its a standard lease, you own the software after the lease is up xx

Ah cool, thanks for that - I'm getting the idea that things like usability (especially to non-techie people) and the ability to present data in useful ways (e.g. showing trends in customer behaviour etc) are key factors in the choice of a system - as I guess are things like being able to produce accounts in a recognised format so you could print them off and send them to your accountants etc... are there any other features that people find useful?

People, People,

Do you really need a system that does all that and pay £1000??????

Most of us all we need is a software that you can book appointments easy , Point of sale, and some of us SMS reminders, all the rest are luxury.
Why pay £1000 when you can get a qood software at £50 on off.
No lease, no yearly subscription nothing else to pay???
At the end of the day even if you dont like it all you lost was £50.
Can you imagine to buy a software worth £1000 and don't like it afterwards!!!!!!!!

Me personal i bought a budget software for £50 two years ago and i am still going strong with that.It has all i need and i have not used their support at all so far.

Even if i need support in the future i can purchase the support the day i need it and covers me for a year.

Is that good or what????

Cheers

xxxxx

So Then Panta!!

Whats the software called then that you have paid so little for?
Can we have a look at it online?
I think the main problem is yes.... it needs to be easy to use. People are wary of investing serious money into booking software because appointments are what we run our business by so we need to be sure that we can be confident its going to run smoothly. I appreciate that some people think that its a waster of money and other people think its money well spent. Me personally, I love the fact that it will save so much time on paperwork and having client details there to hand, without rooting through paperwork. Its great that you can send texts to clients and they can even do your marketing as well.
Most of the systems now offer these features, its picking the one that you'll feel comfortable with and not feeling youur being ripped off. Funnily enough I was speaking to a computer programmer the other day whilst giving him a massage and he could'nt beleive the amount of money I'd been quoted. Obviously he knows all about the time and effort taken to build a systen like that. He's offered to do me one himself!!

xx

So Then Panta!!

I think the main problem is yes.... it needs to be easy to use. People are wary of investing serious money into booking software because appointments are what we run our business by so we need to be sure that we can be confident its going to run smoothly. I appreciate that some people think that its a waster of money and other people think its money well spent. Me personally, I love the fact that it will save so much time on paperwork and having client details there to hand, without rooting through paperwork. Its great that you can send texts to clients and they can even do your marketing as well.
Most of the systems now offer these features, its picking the one that you'll feel comfortable with and not feeling youur being ripped off. Funnily enough I was speaking to a computer programmer the other day whilst giving him a massage and he could'nt beleive the amount of money I'd been quoted. Obviously he knows all about the time and effort taken to build a systen like that. He's offered to do me one himself!!

xx

You know, I'd be inclined to take him up on that offer, provided he's also not too expensive. If I wasn't quite so busy, I'd have started writing my own system too - alas my main consulting job leaves me little time for much else at the moment, and I'd need a good month or two in order to create something that I would be really happy with...

To Panta
Have you got shares in this company?
On all the discussions about computer booking systems you say the samething, it sounds like you are touting for business.

I tried the system Panta is on about. It's Easy Salon Screenshots aka KaterNico 2008 Salon Software Appointment Management with point of sale.

I was lucky enough to pay just £25 for it when it was on offer, which is just as well cos I didn't like it at all. I didn't find it especially easy to use & I gave up after a very short while.

I am now back on the hunt for a software system & have it pretty much narrowed down to 1 or 2 systems, I'm just playing around with the demos & checking out ALL the prices, those upfront & also those hidden in ongoing monthly payments.

Some systems sound fairly inexpensive at 1st but if you are paying a small amount over a 3yr lease it's surprising how much it all adds up to.

So Then Panta!!

xx

I totally agree that they need to be easy to use but like eveything else, some people find things easier than others do.

With a lot of systems you get offered ongoing support at some stupid amount per month. Now, if these systems really were easy to use, why would you need support, & are you likely to use the support?

As to the client helping you create a system, I hope you have better luck at that than I did. A few months ago a 'friend' said she'd create a database system for me then input the data from our paper records (of which there was a hell of a lot ) onto the laptop.

Well, long story short, I terminated her employment as I was economising like everyone else. I got the laptop back, with NO work on it. Turns out she didn't do the work at all, even though she then tried to make out it was done on her own computer. So, basically she conned me out of nearly £1500.

I would suggest getting a contract drawn up if you go down this route with your client.

I totally agree with your point about support: why should YOU pay when THEIR system goes wrong? When I got my system that was a crucia factor in my final choice xx

I`m new to this forum as someone suggested it to me, saying it would be good for advice etc.

I run a hair salon and have been using The Salon Solution. A friend of mine recommended it to me for booking my appointments and so on, and i havnt looked back since. I think i payed just under £500 for it, and that includes telephone support which i have yet to use so dont ask me how good it is.

They sent me out an evaluation disc originally to see if i liked it which has got lots of video tutorials on it.

Theres a website at The Salon Solution which explains a bit more.

I paid £50 for the 2008 version of the easy-salon.com
Personal i do not have a huge business and i have only two employees.
The system is perfect for us.
The system is so stable that i did not need any support so far.However even if i need support i can buy a yearly support once i need and not in advance.
Now.We are using this system without any problem .
We book apointments,Sent SMS text reminders and many other.
My point is, we paid only £50 and for that price we are more than happy.
Why should i invest on a software 1000's of Pounds when i can do perfect job with £50.

My job is to provide service for my clients and not to sit front of my PC and play with the system.

Yes i did not expect to get something like the salon iris for £50 but for the price is superb!!!!!!

Cheers
:hug:xxxx

So shellbert, have you decided which system to go with yet?

We are thrilled with our computer system, its called Platinum and after a long and thorough search, we installed.
It can do and has all the usual things; daybook, retail sales, client database, management reporting, payroll, sales commissions, staff security, to name just a few. What I have find invaluable in this current climate is that I can email and SMS text my customers with special offers (also automatic reminders so they don't forget their booking!)I have already reaped some rewards on sending text messages to customers on quiet days and offering 20% discount if they can make it into the salon on that day...it really works!
I even had one client ask when my next quiet day was likely to be!

It saves me hours of paperwork and I can just email reports to my accountant when necessary.

The support is free for life by email and they are always very helpful and care that we are ok.

I just wanted to pass on my 'feel good moment' to others although I am not sure if I am allowed to post their information, but if you are interested their website is www.salonsoftwaresystem.com

ENJOY!

Latest posts

Back