Extensionists help, please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lushlonglocks

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Went to do maintenance on a girl yesterday whos had her micro rings in for nearly 4 months without maintenance!! They werent fitted by me but as you can imagine her hair has grown loads and the rings are about 2 1/2 inches away from her scalp. Because they are so low down she has melted the glue on the stick tips whilst straightening them so i couldnt even get the rings out!! I dont do prebonded so didnt have any bond remover. The hair its self is in amazing condition and she wants to reuse it instead of buying more hair. Do you think i should buy some bond remover to get them out (if so which do you recommend?) and retip them or should i just remove them all and fit new hair if she is willing to? Ive stressed at her to get regular maintenance from now on! Advice would be much appreciated, never come across this before!

That sounds like an extensionists nightmare! The fact that she has not had any maintainance and the fact that you didn't fit them makes things twice as hard!

It will depend on what the hair has been tipped with to know what to remove them with first. I'd attempt buying a small bottle of pure acetone first. But this won't remove Italian keratin so you would have to find out if she knows.....

As for re tipping the hair, do you usually do this? Because if you will have to pay someone to pre tip for you plus all this time and effort for removal I'd think it will be more cost effective to just buy more hair. Start fresh and tell her that her first maintainance is included in the price.

I don't do as many micro rings as pre bonded but I feel for you as I have had my fair share of nightmare removals when you don't know what hair or bonds have been used! X

Forgot to say..... If it is Italian keratin then foxy do their own brand that will remove these. X

Thanks charlene! Been back today with pure acetone, did the job! Managed to get the rings out, retipped the hair and rolled into stick tip, reapplied them and now got a very happy client! X

god i hate jobs were u expect and assume they le be a walk in the park and u get they and your like wtf. i removed a few weeks back a girls foxy extensions they were rock hard she only had 100 pieces in from someone else. i used they Italian keratin remover was they over 3 hrs i wanted to cry. i dnt no why they wernt budging. best thing was i d already told her as she only had 100 in id charge her 15 less. some maintenance jobs really test your patience xx

Yeah i know the feeling well! I wanted to cry during my first attempt! It was an absolute nightmare i only managed to get 3 rings out! Thank god for acetone lol :) x

Latest posts

Back