Extensions in thick hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snaz

Reaction score
I have trained in hair extensions but it was crap.

Anyhow, I have had my friend who trained with me she installed fusion ones in.

I have thick hair, she has done full rows, but my hair can still be seen. So will go further up the head..

Anyhow was wondering if we did full rows in nape to ears, then brick bonded, would this work to hide the natural hair, or would you beable to a full row, miss an line, then full row.

I only asking this because when the hair is applied strand for strand on thick hair I will end up with really thick hair...

Hope this makes sense.

How many grams normally will you do on a full head??? And do you normally thin the clients hair before??

I have trained in hair extensions but it was crap.

Anyhow, I have had my friend who trained with me she installed fusion ones in.

I have thick hair, she has done full rows, but my hair can still be seen. So will go further up the head..

Anyhow was wondering if we did full rows in nape to ears, then brick bonded, would this work to hide the natural hair, or would you beable to a full row, miss an line, then full row.

I only asking this because when the hair is applied strand for strand on thick hair I will end up with really thick hair...

Hope this makes sense.

How many grams normally will you do on a full head??? And do you normally thin the clients hair before??

Hi!!

So many questions! I'm not really understanding exactly what you mean by that your hair can still be seen so will go further up the head? Do you mean the line where Your natural hair meets the extensions? I have had a bob so I had to go quite high up on my head to make it blend better but also had to thin out the blunt line where the hair meets the extension. This is what I usually do to clients with thicker hair or blunt bob haircuts.

If a client has thick hair I usually do full rows, miss a line and brick bonded If that makes sense? So all the extensions are not on top of each other. But this is in thicker hair. Thin hair I basically cover everywhere to fit in as much as possible. As you said, since your hair is thick I would apply every other line if it's length you are after and go higher up on scalp to make line less visable.

I use around 125-170 grams of hair for a full head. I generally don't thin the hair before applying the extensions, only in some cases where it is super thick but I try to work with their texture. As I said I do usually thin hair out if it's a bob type
Hair cut or a blunt cut as otherwise the line will look unnatural but I tend to do this after I applied the extensions mostly so I can see the end result. Hth xx

Yes you got it, i knew what I wanted to say in my head lol... Yes my natural hair base line can be seen, through the extensions... Shes coming next week to apply a few more...

So next time I will try doing what you said. Do you miss ever other line??

Thanks for your reply..... Much appreciated

Latest posts

Back