Extensions when pregnant

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olihunt7

Reaction score
Hello Geeks, I have been doing micro ring hair extensions for a while now but have never been asked to install on a pregnant client until now !! Just wondering if any of you have done this and what the outcome was ??? She has three months to go and is pretty determined to try them, I know generally pregnant women don't lose as much hair, and have told her that I wouldn't touch her hair for six months after the birth due to shedding....any advice guys ???

Hi,
i have fitted extensions to many pregnant ladies,
i always ask them to check with there g.p, and get them to sign a disclaimer to say so.
And I also wore them right through bothh my pregnancies,and after.

Kate x

I personally wont fit hair extensions to pregnant , ( or been pregnant within the last 6 months) or breast feeding ladies. This is what i was taught and i have also seen alot of hair changes in pregnancy so i prefer not to take the risk.
It only takes one client with hair loss to ruin your reputation!!!

I personally wont fit hair extensions to pregnant , ( or been pregnant within the last 6 months) or breast feeding ladies. This is what i was taught and i have also seen alot of hair changes in pregnancy so i prefer not to take the risk.
It only takes one client with hair loss to ruin your reputation!!!

looks like this could be an interesting one! will be keeping my eye on this one.......x

I do them during pregnancy too. Am wary after pregnancy because of the normal hair loss that can happen. I warn them, and if they want to go ahead, they sign a disclaimer first.

Mmm just me then, not keen on disclaimers but maybe that could be the way to go. Very wary though and would hate to ruin someones hair!!!!
Scardey Cat!!!

You can do them either side of pregnancy, you just have to do maintenance sooner as shedding can also occur in pregnancy. I try to discourage clients to have them in still after the birth, simply because extensions take time to care for, which new mums don't have much of!

Mmm thats it isnt it!!! Time is something new mums dont have!!
I still will however stick to my policy i think for now and ask my trainer when i go for my next Racoon training day!! :rolleyes:

i do them during pregnancy have had no problems.. ive done them after pregnancy with no problems they do have to have maintenence quicker thats true..
ive worn them in my pregnancies also.

Last edited:
I think sometimes you have to do what you are comfortable with as a service provider. If you are not happy, it will not only come across to the client but then you will also just worry after!

Thank you so much for all your advice. I think given that no-one has reported any horror stories I will go ahead with the install and disclaimer...and keep everything else crossed !!!! =)

Latest posts

Back