Extractor fan for spraytan?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubblegumsugar

Reaction score
Does anyone who does mobile spraytans use an extractor fan if thats what they are called!Are they worth it?Expensive? Any info greatly appreciated :biggrin:

Hi I was hoping to get one for parties but was going to wait till I paid off my kit. I did a party of 5 last Friday and kept windows open & wore a mask & it was fine without. I know it would be alot better with one but for now k think I will cope without :)

Hi I was hoping to get one for parties but was going to wait till I paid off my kit. I did a party of 5 last Friday and kept windows open & wore a mask & it was fine without. I know it would be alot better with one but for now k think I will cope without :)

Its ok if in your own home, but if you spray in anothers house then you could end up with a bill for cleaning funishings, the spray will float around for nearly an half an hour in the room. then it lands on curtains and furniture, leaving small brown spots. also there is the health problem, breathing in the overspray is not good for the nasal passages and lungs, thats you & the client, make sure you have insurance to cover any legal action .

Yes thats what I was worried about,do you do spray tanning?If so where did you get your extractor fan from?
Ones from spray tanning companies seem really expensive and I wondered if I can get any extractor fan or if it had to be a certain type??

Yes thats what I was worried about,do you do spray tanning?If so where did you get your extractor fan from?
Ones from spray tanning companies seem really expensive and I wondered if I can get any extractor fan or if it had to be a certain type??
I design and manufacture extractors, (in the UK)if you go for one make sure of the following, its not too big, if so carrying it is a pain, to save money go for washable filters, easy & quick to wash & save over a £1 per tan compared to the non- washable. i have found that there are adverts that do not state the airflow through the filter, only the free air flow, thats without the filter in place, that can make the machine seem more powerful that way, upto 50% air flow can be lost when the filter is in place, if you are not sure ,ask how the airfow is quoted with or without the filter? dont be fobbed off with " its the same or no loss of airflow" thats impossible! the laws of physics dictate that there will be a big difference. if they cannot quote the true airflow through the filter then forget it.

I have been spraying for a long time and have never used an extractor fan. There shouldnt be anywhere near enough overspray to pool in the air and then settle on furniture. Overspray should be very minimal and cover the inside of your tent only. As long as the windows are open, it shouldnt be a problem-this includes when doing parties.
x

I have been spraying for a long time and have never used an extractor fan. There shouldnt be anywhere near enough overspray to pool in the air and then settle on furniture. Overspray should be very minimal and cover the inside of your tent only. As long as the windows are open, it shouldnt be a problem-this includes when doing parties.
x

I was going to say exactly the same thing. I do prom parties and all sorts and dont use an extractor and never had a problem with spray as I dont have alot of over spray and if any it does rest in the inside of the tent.

I was going to say exactly the same thing. I do prom parties and all sorts and dont use an extractor and never had a problem with spray as I dont have alot of over spray and if any it does rest in the inside of the tent.

if you are spraying into a tent air has to come out, otherwise the air would not be able to go in. its like filling a bucket up, when full the water comes out, you fill the tent with air it has to come out, and with that is the minute specks of overspray, it is impossible for air to go into a booth without the same amount of air coming out.

but ur not supposed to be filling the tent with solution!!!! you shouldnt be spraying so you have overspray otherwise you are wasting your solution. Have good gun control and set the gun correctly and you will find your overspray goes down and there will not be any coming out of the tent to rest on clients furniture it will all be on the body instead. :)

but ur not supposed to be filling the tent with solution!!!! you shouldnt be spraying so you have overspray otherwise you are wasting your solution. Have good gun control and set the gun correctly and you will find your overspray goes down and there will not be any coming out of the tent to rest on clients furniture it will all be on the body instead. :)
I am not saying you fill the booth with solution, i am saying that you are pumping air into the booth, and as that same amount of air has to come out of the booth, solution in the air will come out with it. i have been designing filters and selling them for 20 years, i have tested for overspray coming out of the booths, it does come out, it can float around the room for up to 30 minutes, very small particles about 1 to 8 microns in size. it will not do your lungs and nasal passages any good. also it does land on furnishings, carpets etc and make stains. opening a window will either suck the overspray towards the window dropping on the floor or furniture on the way or get blown around the room doing the same.there are meters on the market to measure particles in the air, if you take a reading in the room before spraying, then again straight after you will get a reading that shows a very large increase of particles in the room. obviously some will stick to the booth walls, but as the spray gun is moved about the air from it will blow the overspray about.

Hi guys. Can any of you recommend a spray tan gun and tent? Tonnes of companies 2 choose from. Reasonable price not interested in solution as I like fake bake. But have found there machines to be unreliable. Any advice appreciated. Thks

Latest posts

Back