Eye Emporium glue runny?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poppy's

Reaction score
Only had it for 2 months and just noticed that after like 10 mins it's very runny. And transparent liquid round it. Why is this happening?? Help please. Thanks.

Only had it for 2 months and just noticed that after like 10 mins it's very runny. And transparent liquid round it. Why is this happening?? Help please. Thanks.

Hi, Do you shake the bottle well before use? Do you store it correctly?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

I shake it loads. Where u suppose to store it. I leave it in my box. X x

I leave mine in my box & had no problems with it & I use both platinum & medium :)

I have been using this glue too and yes it is a lot runnier than other glues and this is normal for this product as I have spoken direct to the supplier, you really have to shake it well! It should be kept at around 19c if my memory serves me correct!

Have just bought a new batch and have noticed it seperating a clear liquid too and i shook it till my arm nearlly fell off!

Ok I take back what I said the other day... Yesterday I done a set of lashes & noticed the glue separating with clear liquid in between. I've never noticed this before & my glue is probably at the 4 month mark now. Hmmm strange, wonder if the warm weather we've had on & off has had any effect on it? I shook mine consciously for a long time to make sure I was doing it right. I renewed my glue about 4/5 times throughout the set as I thought maybe it had been in my glue ring for too long but I've never had this before & I've not done anything different so may buy a new glue if it effects the lash life...

This happened to me with EE glue and I rang them, they said it must have been stored incorrectly during transport and immediatly sent me a new bottle at no charge. I now only order the small bottle keep it in a magic bag and replace every month. hope this helps

This happened to me with EE glue and I rang them, they said it must have been stored incorrectly during transport and immediatly sent me a new bottle at no charge. I now only order the small bottle keep it in a magic bag and replace every month. hope this helps

Magic bag?? Am I missing something lol?

It's probably the heat. I keep mine on my beauty couch which is in direct sunlight at midday. The end of my last glue went funny, separated as you say and dried a lot quicker on my jade stone. I just got a new one and it's fine. Def think its the hot weather x

Ok I take back what I said the other day... Yesterday I done a set of lashes & noticed the glue separating with clear liquid in between. I've never noticed this before & my glue is probably at the 4 month mark now. Hmmm strange, wonder if the warm weather we've had on & off has had any effect on it? I shook mine consciously for a long time to make sure I was doing it right. I renewed my glue about 4/5 times throughout the set as I thought maybe it had been in my glue ring for too long but I've never had this before & I've not done anything different so may buy a new glue if it effects the lash life...

Glad I'm not doing anything wrong. I was wondering that as well, ie. effecting lash life? X

Cyanoacrylate glue breaks down in two ways. Either it gets stringy and thick and eventually dries out, or it starts to lose it's stickiness, and reverts to a puddle that resembles oil or sludge. I have never had a type of glue that has reacted this second way, but maybe this is what is happening to yours. It is important to store all cyanoacrylates in a moisture free cool place, preferably not in the light. Moisture and light are the two enemies of Cyanoacrylates you need to be concerned with. The little 'magic pouch' is a foil bag that would definitely protect the glue, as it would keep it in a dark environment. Seems to come with a desiccant as well, which would draw moisture away from it. If I worked with a glue that breaks down easily, this is what I would look into, for sure.

Latest posts

Back