Eye lash Tinting and Perming

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kittynails

Reaction score
Hi Everyone.

Just wondering if anyone knows of a good Eyelash Tinting product and Perming Product. With all the american FDA warnings about tinting etc I dont know which one to choose except Relvon Roux Lash & Brow Tint. Surely there must be more than this available. This is the list of some of the ones banned in the US by the FDA. I dont know what to make of it as I want to introduce tinting to my salon but dont want to be left open for insurance.
  • Refecto Cil
  • Dr. Olbrich’s Combinal
  • Andora
  • Henna Gora
  • Permalash
  • Continental Eyelash and Eyebrow Dye
  • Elle Colour (or Elle Hair Color or New Elle)
  • Pialan Hair Dye
  • Belmacil Color
See: http://www.oregon.gov/OHLA/COS/lash_brow_release.shtml

XXXXX
Kitty.:grr:

I use Thuya Lash perming and tint - its Aloe vera based and very gentle, fantastic results I would highly recommend it. Available from Ellisons clicky here

HTH
KxXx

I use Salon System for eyelash perming and Hive for eyelash tinting

i use ellisons own brand of tints no probs very nice

and i used salon systems eyelash perming kit in college.

I am sure Hive would be a very good brand to use

I am going to invest in the thuya as nemo suggested though.

hi i use hive for both and have always had a good result

I tint my own lashes and just started doing the extensions on myself - beware if you have extensions don't pull them off. I've just done it whilst chatting to my mum on the phone and am now in toal agony!!!!!!!!

For anyone interested in Thuya - dont buy the professional perming kit, it is much better value to buy the items individually. The tinting kit is good value though and the darkest colour I have found (3 or 4 parts blue to 1 black)
HTH
KxXx

Anyone kno the full aftercare advice for tinting? im still at college and gotta do aftercare leaflets on every topic :irked:

Bobbie x

This is worrying if we can use them and they are not safe :eek:

Latest posts

Back