Eyebrow definition questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs Jess

Reaction score
Hi all.....I am going to do a brow definition course soon (not HD, please don't knock me down - I simply cannot afford it)
I have loads of questions about what to buy -

I have to buy the kit for the course and i am not buying an all together kit, I am buying everything separately and I would love to know what you experienced geeks recommend please.

1. What tint do you recommend? I have seen refectocil mentioned on here as being good, is that right?

2. What wax heater? I am only going to be waxing brows, so really just need a mini heater, wouldn't like to spend a small fortune on one, any good ones out there? I was looking at the lotus as its a nice price but you get what you pay for so I have concerns?!?

3. What wax?? I know I need creme wax, which do u recommend?

4. I am going to use Wow Brows powders but I have a lady with tattooed brows, very little hairs are left and she's struggling to get them to grow, I was thinking of buying a substitute to grow baby grow (obvs can't get this as I'm not hd) can anyone recommend one? Does castor oil really work??

5. Which tints should I get, shall I just get brown & black first, or get the blue & red ones too

Erm.....I think that's it for now....I'm sure I will think of something else lol

Thanks in advance.....I know ill learn a lot on the course but I don't wanna buy any old thing and then have to change it/them and waste money :)

Thank you thank you thank you

Anyone else doing a brow definiton course but not HD?? Xx

Last edited:
:biggrin: Anyone?? :biggrin:

I don't do HD brows but....
Wax= Perron Rigot
Brow tints= refectocil
Tint colors= brown+blonde+black or black-blue.....??? I'm guessing the most common colors ;)

Best of luck hope this helps. Xoxo

Hi, have you looked at the hi brow range - available from Sally's, they have a few good bits. I use refectocil and gel wax from Salon Systems. Hope this helps xxx

I forgot to add... I too have not tried castor oil to helping grow brows but have heard it does work?? Can't personally say... For brow cosmetics have you tried Anastasia Beverly Hills.. They have a great brow palette ..... ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360341854.379827.jpg

Thank you both very much :) thanks Jenny ill deffo take a look, and purple....I've heard fantastic reviews about wow brows so would quite like to try it out, but ill deffo take a look them too...thank u :) can u recommend a wax heater? Xx

Hi all.....I am going to do a brow definition course soon (not HD, please don't knock me down - I simply cannot afford it)
I have loads of questions about what to buy -

I have to buy the kit for the course and i am not buying an all together kit, I am buying everything separately and I would love to know what you experienced geeks recommend please.

1. What tint do you recommend? I have seen refectocil mentioned on here as being good, is that right?

2. What wax heater? I am only going to be waxing brows, so really just need a mini heater, wouldn't like to spend a small fortune on one, any good ones out there? I was looking at the lotus as its a nice price but you get what you pay for so I have concerns?!?

3. What wax?? I know I need creme wax, which do u recommend?

4. I am going to use Wow Brows powders but I have a lady with tattooed brows, very little hairs are left and she's struggling to get them to grow, I was thinking of buying a substitute to grow baby grow (obvs can't get this as I'm not hd) can anyone recommend one? Does castor oil really work??

5. Which tints should I get, shall I just get brown & black first, or get the blue & red ones too

Erm.....I think that's it for now....I'm sure I will think of something else lol

Thanks in advance.....I know ill learn a lot on the course but I don't wanna buy any old thing and then have to change it/them and waste money :)

Thank you thank you thank you

Anyone else doing a brow definiton course but not HD?? Xx
Hi Jenna. Hope you enjoy your brow course.

1. Tint: Refectocil

2. Any 500cc heater

3. Perron Rigot strip wax. Hot wax doesn't remove tint and you'll get a nice sharp finish with strip wax.

4. Castor oil works for some but unless she tries it. Unless you're going to retail, just tell her to Google and buy her own.

5. Pure black, dark brown, light brown and grey. then once you really get into it, you can buy the reds.

Hope that's of some help. x

Thank you so much Kim....your a star :) xx

Can I just ask.....how many brow waxes would you expect to get out of a 800g tin?? On average?? Thank u :) xx

Can I just ask.....how many brow waxes would you expect to get out of a 800g tin?? On average?? Thank u :) xx

Absolutely loads if brows are all you're waxing. You need such a tiny amount of wax. Half a pea size for each eye maybe depending on size and amount of hair to remove.

One of the more clever geeks might be along to give you a more accurate response than my absolutely loads though :biggrin: enjoy your course xx

Hi Jenna700, which brow definition course are you going on? I'd like to do one but don't know which is best and can't afford HD as much as I'd like to! :)

We use the wow brow powders they are amazing stay on all day and they retail really well!

Xx

Do you all use creme or liquid developer with Refectocil? I'm thinking of changing over from the product I was adviced to use by my trainer. (Professional Beauty Systems)
Many thanks

Great....thank you all for being so helpful!! I like being prepared :) thanks miss owen :hugs:

The wow brows powders look fab!! And they have great reviews.....the only downside is that I can't afford to but the retail pack just yet (to in less i have a sudden rush of spray tans queuing out of my door lol) so I'm just going to have to buy the pro pallette first and then buy the retail range as soon as I can :)

I have messaged you Alison

And lacy tree.....oh nooo....this is something else I have to research lol....I thought tint was just tint!! I love this forum!! Lol xx

I'm researching prices at the mo and it's proving to be quite difficult....there is only one salon around me (which is really surprising!!) that offers the proper HD BROWS, no one else in a 5 mile radius is even offering an alternative (although there is one girl that offers 'high definition brows' for £12 but she never advertises it, it's just written other website....plus she can't thread, so it's not even an imitation.

Are there any of you out there doing the same as me?? Have you any idea on prices?
I obviously can't have the HD price tag so feel that I have to be cheaper.

I work from home - I have a beauty room set up....so I don't have to take 'mobility' into consideration.

Any suggestions are greatly welcome :)

Do you all use creme or liquid developer with Refectocil? I'm thinking of changing over from the product I was adviced to use by my trainer. (Professional Beauty Systems)
Many thanks

I have re read this now lol.....I was going to get the liquid, but it would be interesting to know which is rated the best.

Does anyone use the refectocil bleach paste ??

The cream is better and easier to use.

I have re read this now lol.....I was going to get the liquid, but it would be interesting to know which is rated the best.

Does anyone use the refectocil bleach paste ??

Jenna you are making me chuckle. You sound so enthusiastic and excited. It's lovely.

The cream is better and easier to use.
Thanks Kim. That's that sorted then. ;)

Jenna you are making me chuckle. You sound so enthusiastic and excited. It's lovely.

Thanks Kim. That's that sorted then. ;)

Lol...thanks lacy....I am ridiculously excited!!! I go to bed thinking about brows....I wake up thinking about brows....I even wake up in the night and immediately think about brows!! It's so annoying!!
Im just continuously researching!! (my poor daughter lol) i think it's because, although I'm not doing HD, I still want to be really good at it and not be seen to be the person that does the cheap imitation (even though I am haha!)

Latest posts

Back