Eyebrow tint and wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lorrainelola

Reaction score
Hi all,

there was a thread on here the other week about what position you have your client in for eyelash tinting. Well what position do you have your client in for eyebrow tint and or wax?

I was trained with client laying on couch and me working from behind the head of the couch. Although I actually have client sat up a bit and work from the front/side.

Do you think its actually better for the client for the therapist to be behind them? I'm just thinking perhaps its a bit off putting having me sort of hanging over them :confused:

Hiya,
I think as long as you feel comfortable then your client will feel comfortable too.
Personally I always do a brow tint with the client lying down but couch head slightly raised (does that make sense?!) for the brow wax I do this sitting up. Personal preference I think x x

Thank you, that's what I tend to do. Wax sitting up, tinting lying down. The client I just had was having both done at same time and I usually do one or the other. Anyway I had her head slightly raised but she has a back problem and I think next time we'll try actually sitting in a chair, not sure how easy or difficult that will be.
x

You're welcome, I've done the waxing sat in a chair before but not a tint so will be interesting to see how you get on with that :) Rhiannon x

I always have the client lie down for all facial waxing and tintings. They like the comfort. And if they have a back issue I put a bolster under their legs for support. I've never had a complaint and they like the opportunity to rest a bit during their day. Also I work in a hair salon so they come into my treatment room which offers them privacy and me the opportunity to talk about the other services that I offer as they see all the equipment and skin care products etc.

Hi Salonone

Can you please tell me where you got your bolster cushion from and how much it cost.

Thanks
PB
x

Hi Salonone

Can you please tell me where you got your bolster cushion from and how much it cost.

Thanks
PB
x

I purchased it from Ikea years ago. Most massage supply stores carry them.

Most of the best make up artists in the world will recommend to wax brows while sitting.

gravity acts on a persons skin, especially if they are losing elasticity and collagen, and when they lay down, their forehead skin goes towards the top of their head. when they sit up, it moves downwards. so you can make some huge mistakes and get a totally different effect from laying down.

I always wax brows with client laying down but not quite flat.

I work from behind and both sides.

I always ask the client to check her brows from a standing position as the face will indeed look different to her if she is laying.

Waxing from a sitting position would be hugely difficult for the therapist to get the correct positioning and if you've carried out 20 brows shapes in a day in that pose you would soon find yourself with aches and pains and problems.

Jacqui xx

I always ask the client to check her brows from a standing position as the face will indeed look different to her if she is laying.

Waxing from a sitting position would be hugely difficult for the therapist to get the correct positioning and if you've carried out 20 brows shapes in a day in that pose you would soon find yourself with aches and pains and problems.

Jacqui xx

actually hun, my table is hydraulic and adjustable. i simply swing my clients around or move them up and down. sitting up while waxing being on the advice of one of the top makeup artists in Canada and America. I have never had any issues with my positioning seeing as i also have a diploma in biomechanics :)

happy waxing! ;)

Thank you Eskimonailtech.

My couch is also hydraulic.

That doesn't change anything I have said in my previous post.

Jacqui xx

Jacqui xx

That's exactly how I do it too Jacqui
Sarah x

Latest posts

Back