Eyebrow tinting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewGeekGem

Reaction score
Hi All

I'm currently practising my eyebrow shaping for my case studies before I get my cert. I don't know why but the tinting part scares me lol I'm worried about not getting it right as I've had mine done too dark and hated them. Has anyone got any tips on choosing the right colour for people particularly mousey coloured ones. Also how do you stop the brown having a slight ginger tinge? I have refectocil in light brown, natural brown and black, should I get the grey too?

Thanks x

Yes, add a little grey to the mix.

Apply and remove after two minutes and if you want them darker, apply the rest that's still in the mixing dish and leave for a minute. I use a dry cotton pad to wipe it off.

Thank you Kim x

If they are really blonde 2 mins will be way too long. I had this don't to me and it was awful. 30seconds to a minute max and then build up each time you see the client if she wants to go dark. It took me a year to go from blonde to dark brown! If the colour is a shock they will hate it x

If they are really blonde 2 mins will be way too long. I had this don't to me and it was awful. 30seconds to a minute max and then build up each time you see the client if she wants to go dark. It took me a year to go from blonde to dark brown! If the colour is a shock they will hate it x
I was referring to the shade and brand mentioned. It's a very natural light brown.

I know what you mean though as most other brands just have the one brown.

So for really blonde use either grey on its own or the light brown and grey but what about brows that are brown if I mix the natural brown with grey will stop the gingery tinge? When I trained everyone had dark brows so we just used brown and black but I found that quite dark, I think I'm over thinking it all x

So for really blonde use either grey on its own or the light brown and grey but what about brows that are brown if I mix the natural brown with grey will stop the gingery tinge? When I trained everyone had dark brows so we just used brown and black but I found that quite dark, I think I'm over thinking it all x

Grey will knock out the red.

I like to take it off with a cotton bud so if it is not yet dark eneough I can put it back on a bit longer :)

I use refectocil and don't tend to mix much other than the two browns as I sometimes find the light brown too light and the dark brown a rwallllly dark brown.

I don't seem to find that I get a ginger tinge though? Is on people with a certain hair colour? Going to a certain colour?

Hiya,
ive been doing beauty for 7-8 years in total and i can remember a girl in my class leaving tint on my eyebrows for 10minutes.....i am blonde as you can get they looked awful.
So i have always been careful when doing my clients.
My motto is always you can always add more to build the right colour but you cant take it off that easily.leave for 30 seconds remove then repeat,it may take longer on your first go with a client but you will know what do to next time.
hope thats helped

I use refectocil and don't tend to mix much other than the two browns as I sometimes find the light brown too light and the dark brown a rwallllly dark brown.

I don't seem to find that I get a ginger tinge though? Is on people with a certain hair colour? Going to a certain colour?

I've only ever done dark brows but these were like a mousey light brown I used the natural brown for about 2 mins then took it off but she wanted it darker. To be honest I didn't think they looked gingery but looking at the photo's after they had a slight tinge but I suppose it could of been the lighting? x

These aren't the ones I did last week but a similar colour I'm doing this girl next week so what colour tint would you use? At the minute I have refectocil in light brown, natural brown and black, I'm going the warehouse tomorrow to get a grey x

Attachments

• vicky brows3.jpg
    vicky brows3.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 116
I use strictly professional and i don't think that goes orangey at all.
If a client has dark eyebrows u can get away with leaving it on longer.but with blonde clients I always build it up as some client's hair takes very quickly to tint.hope that helps

Latest posts

Back