Eyebrow waxing question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewGeekGem

Reaction score
Hi All

I will soon be offering eyebrow definition but I dont do any other waxing, I'm just about to order my kit off Beauty express. I was just wondering if you all use jasmine oil before waxing eyebrows and also do you use a after wax lotion/soothing gel or would savlon/sudacrem be better?

Thanks
Gem

You should use oil free make up remover, so no oil I guess. And just witch hazel for after as you will be applying make up. This is what I was taught anyway :) xx

You should use oil free make up remover, so no oil I guess. And just witch hazel for after as you will be applying make up. This is what I was taught anyway :) xx

You apply witch hazel then make up after an EBW??

I cleanse the brows with a pre wax then apply a very light amount of oil prior to apply the wax :)

Eeek....what's wrong with that??? Lol....that's how I was taught xx

That is for brow definition btw :) xx

I use a little jasmine oil for brow waxing as its only a small amount of wax too much of a lipd barrier and it does not grip the hairs. I like the refreshing gel at the end.

Jack

I would think applying witch hazel straight after waxing would have give a bit of a sting!! Also it depends on what makeup you are apply, does it contain commodeginic ingredients?

To be completely honest - I have no idea. I just use wow brows - brow powder.
My trainer said that the witch hazel helps soothe?!? Although not had anyone say it stings xx

To be completely honest - I have no idea. I just use wow brows - brow powder.
My trainer said that the witch hazel helps soothe?!? Although not had anyone say it stings xx

Witch hazel is very astringent and stings my skin if its just quickly wiped over it, let alone wiped over a waxed area!!

I think I misunderstood the other part of your post.... By apply make up do you just mean put brow powder on? As that is going on to the un waxed area.

Or what I thought you meant is that you put make up as in foundation etc on the waxed area to conceal the redness?

Just powder on the unwaxed area :) - just the brow itself. That's all :) xx

Witch hazel is fine to use after waxing. It helps to calm the area as it's a natural astringent.
I apply mineral make-up after waxing.
I don't use witch hazel personally. I use PR after wax gel.

Just powder on the unwaxed area :) - just the brow itself. That's all :) xx

Ok :)

But I would recommend finding another product to replace witch hazel. You could use a after wax on the wax area you don't have to put it on the non waxed hairs, so you could still use the brow powders

Ok :)

But I would recommend finding another product to replace witch hazel. You could use a after wax on the wax area you don't have to put it on the non waxed hairs, so you could still use the brow powders
There is absolutely nothing wrong with using witch hazel. It has wonderful antiseptic properties.
I give all my male waxing clients a mini Sterex witch hazel gel to use after their intimate waxing. It can also be used on cuts and grazes.

If I've used strip wax which I would do as it removes tint, I then massage a small amount of oil to remove ant stickiness, then I cleanse it off with Perron Rigot Blue Lotion. This isn't just a cleanser, it sooths and calms the skin. Then I apply make up.

Thanks for the replies everyone, very helpful as always x

Latest posts

Back