Eyebrow waxing, still not confident

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinknfluffy

Reaction score
Ok so I am almost ready to begin advertising and get going..almost..except I am still not confident with eyebrows. I did 3 friends this morning all for eyebrows. 2 had never waxed / shaved etc before & trying to shape them was a nightmare, i didnt take enough off one, and too much off another, and spent more time plucking than anything! 3rd had hers waxed about 8 weeks ago so was just a tidy up & that was fine, really good even. 2 of them have rebooked for 4 weeks & have told me they expect to pay next time!
I am completely capable & confident in all other waxing (havent trained in intimate so dont need to practice this anyway!) but eyebrow reshapes are a nightmare & starting to really knock my confidence. The wax was def upto right temp / consistancy this time, i used a smaller spatula, small strips, im just not getting the wax on precisely enough. Is there any fool-proof method that can help or am i doomed? If need be i will only offer eyebrow tidy, but would rather not as sure i will loose some business.
thanks in advance...

I think with eyebrows it's just a confidence thing and learning to shape will come with time it's just a case of practise and if you have to tweeze a bit more than you normally would for a little while then so be it, if 2 out of 3 rebooked you must be doing something right xxx:lol:

Hi

If it helps I usually snap my spatula's in half (vertically) and use the skinniest end to dip into the wax.

I also brush the eyebrows upwards and out so I can get the little hairs hiding! And I stretch the brow from above.

x

Thanks for your replies, as Im still practicing im using the hive lavender shimmer creme for all areas. i was going to purchase the salon system or hive single roller to use honey on legs etc, but was hoping a creme wax would do for everything else, but would you recommend i use something else for eyebrows? or can you recommend a "thinner" creme as this still seems a bit thick even at correct temp.
im going to be renting a room 2 days a week & mobile rest of time, so need to be careful not to transport too much. Sorry for all the questions!

I always prefer to take too little off than too much, i usually take the bulk off the first into a goodish shape then tweeze into a nice shape......thats my preference tho, its watever u feel comfortable doing, but its the same with a lot in the beauty/nails industry, practice makes perfect xx

Hi, if you PM me I know of a great tool to pick up your confidence so that you know the brows you do are correct every time. Xxx

I am intrigued to know your secret tool!!

hi, i feel your pain lol i too am in exactly the same situation as you, eyebrows feel like my worst nightmare but i too snap the spatula in half and then work with the pointy bit i prefer this and then go in with the tweezers after.

Ok so I am almost ready to begin advertising and get going..almost..except I am still not confident with eyebrows. I did 3 friends this morning all for eyebrows. 2 had never waxed / shaved etc before & trying to shape them was a nightmare, i didnt take enough off one, and too much off another, and spent more time plucking than anything! 3rd had hers waxed about 8 weeks ago so was just a tidy up & that was fine, really good even. 2 of them have rebooked for 4 weeks & have told me they expect to pay next time!
I am completely capable & confident in all other waxing (havent trained in intimate so dont need to practice this anyway!) but eyebrow reshapes are a nightmare & starting to really knock my confidence. The wax was def upto right temp / consistancy this time, i used a smaller spatula, small strips, im just not getting the wax on precisely enough. Is there any fool-proof method that can help or am i doomed? If need be i will only offer eyebrow tidy, but would rather not as sure i will loose some business.
thanks in advance...

Have a look on youtube, there is a great film with Lori Nestor ( I consider the best waxer in the world) shaping and waxing eyebrows. She shows you where you should apply and draws diagrams. In Sallys or Capitals they do the most minute spatulas, thin at one end a size of a cocktail stick usually not with the wax, but hanging up in packets near the tweezers. I myself use hot wax for eyebrows, after waxing brush up and trim round. I also used to not enjoy it. I also find it better to sit the client up, so you get a better eye for balance. I am sure you will be fine.

What wax do you use ?
I've gone for using strip wax to hot wax and myself and all but one client prefer this.
When I'm waxing brows that have never been done before I remove the bulk with wax but create the shape with tweezers,and I take my time, also checking before I've completely finished if the want more off or not.
Better to removed too little than too much

What wax do you use ?
I've gone for using strip wax to hot wax and myself and all but one client prefer this.
When I'm waxing brows that have never been done before I remove the bulk with wax but create the shape with tweezers,and I take my time, also checking before I've completely finished if the want more off or not.
Better to removed too little than too much

Berins Blue ( I love it always with a pre oil). It still stays pliable (elastic) some hot waxs set brittle, which is awful. I too tweezer but only the odd hair, I create the shape with the wax, pushing it to where it needs to go. I totally agree, slowly slowly. In mostly all cases I trim, and tint. I had a client the other day that was totally shocked with the results, her eyebrows were none existent, but once tinted first ( then you actually see the hair that they actually have) waxed and shaped, she couldn't believe the results. But, I do always ask the client what they want to achieve. x

If you can't afford training which explains in detail where you should remove etc, then section each brow.

Start with the tail of each brow and remove the hair from below and above but don't move on until they both match. Then move to the middle section and then the inner edge.

I've just done my training and we have been taught to put petroleum jelly over the hair that you don't want to remove. So I make the shape I want with the petroleum jelly on both eyes then wax so far it's worked really well and everyone I've done has been happy I'm still not 100% confident with eyebrow reshape a but I'm guessing that comes with time xx

Oooh I'd like to know ur tool too pls

My training in brows was a bit lacking! But once I saw Lori Nestore's video explaining her 5 line system all made sense and brows no longer scare me.

And I just do a little bit at a time, as the client for feedback and then take a bit more off.

5 Line Eyebrow System.mp4 - YouTube

thankyou all - since posting i have done a few more, and although still not completely happy, they were better! yesterday i tried kim's suggested method of sectioning...the woman had caterpillars for eyebrows, it took me a good few minutes longer, but my god they looked perfect! and i didnt even use vaseline!!
thats it - i'm saving to do intimate waxing with you wax-queen!

thankyou all - since posting i have done a few more, and although still not completely happy, they were better! yesterday i tried kim's suggested method of sectioning...the woman had caterpillars for eyebrows, it took me a good few minutes longer, but my god they looked perfect! and i didnt even use vaseline!!
thats it - i'm saving to do intimate waxing with you wax-queen!
Good girl!:hug:

Hi, if you PM me I know of a great tool to pick up your confidence so that you know the brows you do are correct every time. Xxx
Hi just going through some advice on waxing brows I’m just so nervous I have just started and feel I just can’t muck up someone’s brows. Please can you let me know what tool you are talking about.
Thank you

The OP hasn't been on the site since 2017 so can I help you?
I use an orange wood stick, the chisel shaped end. Perfect for the job in my opinion. You can scoop just enough wax to apply in one stroke under the brow line. Practise on the back of your hand creating a lovely smooth arch before trialling out on a very hairy brow.
I have never split the spatula length ways, I don't fancy the potential for a splinter !

Latest posts

Back