Eyelash extension advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kinkyboots33

Reaction score
:D morning guys, im a nail tech but looking to get some training on the above - any advice of who to train with or even who to avoid would be good...

Im reading quite a bit about flirties? good/bad? cant afford the Nouveolash (sp) atm..

:D morning guys, im a nail tech but looking to get some training on the above - any advice of who to train with or even who to avoid would be good...

Hi, I do the Lash Revolution Semi-Permanent Lash Extension Training and am in West Lothian.
Happy to give you info etc if you are interested.
Jen xxx

Hi, I do the Lash Revolution Semi-Permanent Lash Extension Training and am in West Lothian.
Happy to give you info etc if you are interested.
Jen xxx

Yes please, are you Livingstone? do you want my email address?

We're regularly in Scotland training and we offer a great EE course :D

No email yet? did you get my pm....
Anyone else offer advice?

Hi

There's loads out there. Try these for prices and check out their kits/training:-

flirties (www.beautytrix.me)
lash perfect
lash belong
nouveau lashes
glamlash

Can't think of anymore of the top of my head.

Make sure the course suits your needs ie do you want class training or 121?

Training with case studies is the best way because you can keep in touch with your trainer for advice etc.

Hi

There's loads out there. Try these for prices and check out their kits/training:-

flirties (www.beautytrix.me)
lash perfect
lash belong
nouveau lashes
glamlash

Can't think of anymore of the top of my head.

Make sure the course suits your needs ie do you want class training or 121?

Training with case studies is the best way because you can keep in touch with your trainer for advice etc.

fab:D anymore out there?

Another dumb question folks :irked:What is the main differences between semi-perm and express lashes and do semi-perm lashes need to be "tapped back" iv been getting my lashes done for months but only ever had my ones tapped down?
bit confused here!

also, if you get trained in semi-perm is express then easier to do and would i also be able to offer these?

hi Kinkyboots,
I represent an eyelash extension training facility in Canada. Obviously too far for you to go for training. :biggrin: The things I would tell you though are these:
When you train with a company here in Canada you are pretty much obligated to use that company's glue due to our Health Canada guidelines. If this is the case where you live, be sure you train with a company whose glue you have heard great things about. We found that the foundation of the eyelash industry is the quality of the glue.
I would want to know how fumey it was, how fast it dried, and how long it holds the lashes on.
As far as express lashes are concerned, here are my thoughts: our company trains ONLY single lash extensions because they are attached one to one eyelash and are the highest quality set available to clients. This is not meant to knock anyone that does express lashes, so please don't hear that.
We have clients come in all the time who were not aware they were getting an express set, and want them off. They are not as comfortable as singles, and don't shed off nicely like singles. They also do not look as natural as singles. They are easier and faster to do, but we have found in our experience that a tech who learns to do express lashes won't put the time into learning the singles. It is an art that takes a ton of time and practice. I assure you, though, if you put that time in you wont know what to do with the clientele that comes your way. They will travel great distances for a tech that can apply them.
Good luck to you in finding a course where you are at. I am sure if you go back in the messages in here that you will find many recommendations for reputable companies that are close to your location.

Thanks for that :biggrin: Where I live there are two ways of applying individual lashes - the semi-perm way (the way i fancy) and the quicker way called express lashes. Im not too sure on the different techniques used and if I have been getting express lashes, I was under the impression they were semi-perm but the tech didnt tape up any of my top lashes... :Scared: sorry if i sound like a fruit...lol....

What I understand from reading these threads is that in your country, express lashes are placed on the lashes, and aimed in the proper direction to create a beautiful sculpted lash line. Here in Canada those are called semi-singles. They are as full as if you were wearing a strip of lashes, but much classier. They are attached to multiple lashes, and would need to be removed in order to not pre-shed any of your own lashes.
Just be careful choosing a training facility. Ask lots of questions, and don't choose the training based on cost. We have retrained many techs who were ill-prepared for making a living doing proper lash extensions.
Good luck, and keep us posted on your progresss.

What I understand from reading these threads is that in your country, express lashes are placed on the lashes, and aimed in the proper direction to create a beautiful sculpted lash line. Here in Canada those are called semi-singles. They are as full as if you were wearing a strip of lashes, but much classier. They are attached to multiple lashes, and would need to be removed in order to not pre-shed any of your own lashes.
Just be careful choosing a training facility. Ask lots of questions, and don't choose the training based on cost. We have retrained many techs who were ill-prepared for making a living doing proper lash extensions.
Good luck, and keep us posted on your progresss.

Thanks again for all the fab info :hug:

One last question? So, in semo-perm lashes the top lash line is supposed to be tapped back and done in layers?

Im pretty sure who I want to train with now :rolleyes: Its a two day course, one week apart and on the second day you learn infills etc they are also supposed to be good for advice once the course is fnished. They use mink lashes, not sure if they are good? Any big questions I should find out prior to booking? Ooop... that was more than one question wasnt it?

Hi Kinkyboots,
Sounds good. We do our two day training one day then three weeks later we do another day. Really good way to train, because you get to practice between, and you will have all sorts of questions after encountering different lashes for the two weeks in between training days. I am guessing that you are training with synthetic mink lashes, and not the real thing. You could ask if you want to know. The real minks are a real hair fiber while the synthetics are a different classification of synthetic lash. It is possible that you will have choices of glue once you become certified. Lots of companies train you on a slow glue first. We train on a two to three second glue which makes it difficult in the beginning, but then you have less chance of mashing lashes into a fresh spot of glue. One of the first purchases I would advise is to get onto a fast glue right from the start.
As far as layering and taping up lashes, that is a technique that works, but not something that is necessary on all sets of lashes. I use it for clients with really little lashes. Don't feel bad asking questions, as that is how we all learned in the begining. That is what I love about this forum.:wink2:

Latest posts

Back