Eyelash extension case study stress

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glitterbox81

Reaction score
So I have 3 weeks until my case study deadline and I am still RUBBISH. I've only managed to do maybe 8 practise sessions because none of my mates want to be my guinea pigs despite me asking loads of times.

I don't want to ask random customers/Facebook page likers because my insurance doesn't cover me for training and I'm scared someone will have a reaction despite getting a patch test and sue me or something. How did everyone else get practise without insurance? Maybe everyone else has more helpful friends and family than me.

I've only got 2 sets of pics for my trainer and they're pathetic(I'll add them as proof). There's no way I'm going to pass. What a waste of £300.

Attachments

• Jo lashes.jpg
    Jo lashes.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 179
  • Rachel lash collage.jpg
    Rachel lash collage.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 183
  • Rach lashes.jpg
    Rach lashes.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 175
What you need to remember is to pass you dont need to be amazing, you just need to do it right and the rest will come with time. You might find if you stop worrying you will be better aswell as your not stressing over it. The look prettt good for someone who is practising :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

So I have 3 weeks until my case study deadline and I am still RUBBISH. I've only managed to do maybe 8 practise sessions because none of my mates want to be my guinea pigs despite me asking loads of times.

I don't want to ask random customers/Facebook page likers because my insurance doesn't cover me for training and I'm scared someone will have a reaction despite getting a patch test and sue me or something. How did everyone else get practise without insurance? Maybe everyone else has more helpful friends and family than me.

I've only got 2 sets of pics for my trainer and they're pathetic(I'll add them as proof). There's no way I'm going to pass. What a waste of £300.

First of all Hun .... Stop worrying and stressing, they look fine to me too for someone training, my only criticism would be that they could maybe be a bit fuller and maybe longer or alternate lengths, but that depends on the customers outcome and your best advise, which will come with practice and experience, so don't worry about that, so long as you get the technique that's all they worry about to allow you to pass :) you will be fine I'm sure x

First of all, those look quite good for someone who's still training. I'm recently qualified and still practising as well, it just takes time. The examiner will understand you are just new and still practising. They don't need to be perfect, as long as they can see you have the technique right you will be fine :) xxx

Thank you everyone. That makes me feel a bit better.

I know they are sparse- not only will none of my mates be my testers the ones who will refuse to sit for more than 2 hours so I'm limited to how many I can get on. On the first set the girl kept randomly opening her eyes with no warning, getting up and down to pee/get a drink/check her phone. It was a nightmare.

I'm using a mix of B&C 0.15 & 0.20 in 7mm, 9mm, 11mm and on the girl in the 2nd pic 13mm (she has such long lashes anyway I think I maybe needed some 14 or 15s for her but I din't have any).

I did email my trainer about it but the place is shut until Monday.

Just focus on the technique and the rest will come with time. Good luck, im sure u will be fine

I agree with everyone else, they're looking pretty good.
Where abouts are u based? Maybe someone on here could model for you, or have u tried salon guinea pig? But don't stress ! It'll be fine ! X

I'm happy to be a model if your local :)

Where abouts in Scotland are you? I'll happily be a model if you are close by :) xxx

I agree with everyone else, they're looking pretty good.
Where abouts are u based? Maybe someone on here could model for you, or have u tried salon guinea pig? But don't stress ! It'll be fine ! X

That's a good idea, I'm sure you will find someone on here :) there's a thread on here in regards to people in Scotland maybe post in there asking if the guys here aren't close enough, I'm in the west mids so no good to you down here :(

I'm in Aberdeen but thanks!

I have my SIL coming this weekend and another friend has said she'll come next week sometime. I will try and get hold of my trainer once she's back and see if she thinks I can pass with what I've done so far.

I know I'll be able to do it it's just getting the practise in. At least once I pass I'll be insured so can get non friend/family members in.

Good luck and dont stress!

Latest posts

Back