Eyelash extension clumping up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jade2629

Reaction score
This is the second time I have had eyelash extensions the first time was last year and I loved them I decided last week that I wanted them done again as the weather is getting warmer and it saves me doing mascara everyday anyway I got them done again but on one of my eyes the lashes have sort of clumped together and making it look like I have gaps I have asked my other half if it is noticeable and he said no but I am very conscious about it now is there anyway on to de clump them and will it damage my own lashes and is it noticeable?
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1465587795.269248.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1465587861.213260.jpg

I give mine a brush every morning and it separates them, yours do look nice though [emoji5]️

Are you putting any oil, cream on your face or round your eyes? Do you wear liquid or gel eyeliner? Oil breaks down the glue bonds which can cause lashes to clump together. Are you cleaning your extensions properly every day as per your aftercare (apart from first 24 hours when glue is still curing)? Again, natural oils and sweat build up along the lash line which can break down bonds, cause infections and clumping. It's important to clean extensions daily with a foam lash cleaner and soft brush then water and brush into shape with a clean mascara spoolie.

Another thing, humidity greatly effects the bonding of glue on extensions to lashes-too low humidity and the glue can shock cure before the extension is properly placed on the lash causing them to fall off prematurely-too high, as in the summer, and the glue can take too long, causing clumping and lashes sticking together. Each glue has it's own humidity 'rating' and a good lash tech will control the humidity in the room according to this and will need a humidifier in the winter and an air conditioning unit and dehumidifier in the summer. Does your lash tech have these? For example, my humidity reading in my beauty room is 56% but my glue cures around 40% so if I had a client today I'd get up early and put the dehumidifier on to reduce the humidity so my glue can work optimally. Anyone can take a lash extension course but it costs thousands in equipment and training to be a really good lash tech which is usually reflected in their prices. Hope this helps:))

Unfortunately I don't think these have been applied very well. The clumping would have happened whilst they were applied. As they grow out it's more noticeable.

Lashes that have been applied individually to one lash at a time do not do this. Maybe try finding someone whose work you've seen, or is highly recommended on Facebook, Instagram etc, where you can see their work.

There are some great lash techs out there, they're just few and far between.

As jools has pointed out, there's a lot to it!

Unfortunately there is no way to undo the clumps, as it's all glued together. All you can do is get them professionally removed. If you try doing it yourself you will pull out your lashes.

Thank you for the advice, I haven't had any eyeliner or gel liner or oils or creams near my eyes, I did brush them but It has now got worse I am booked in today for another lash technician to take these off and then re apply in a couple of days and oh god I would never try to remove them myself I don't want to wreck my natural lashes

Latest posts

Back