Eyelash extension help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cazz89

Reaction score
Hi i trained with flirties on monday so im very new to eye lash extensions,

do you apply extenisons to every single lash? or is that if they really want a full thicker look?

also im a bit worried about removal as the lady explained it to me, but didnt actually show me :/

to begin i was taught to tape the bottom eyelashes down, then a eye pad over that. is that how every one does it ?

im going to be doing this mobile can anyone reccommend a lightweight beauty bed? and stool?

:D xXx

do you apply extenisons to every single lash? or is that if they really want a full thicker look?

also im a bit worried about removal as the lady explained it to me, but didnt actually show me :/

to begin i was taught to tape the bottom eyelashes down, then a eye pad over that. is that how every one does it ?

im going to be doing this mobile can anyone reccommend a lightweight beauty bed? and stool?

Hi there

Removal is easy. Use 2 x microbrushes and a small pot to decant some remover in to.Dip both brushes in the pot and dab off the excess. Use one above and one underneath the lashes and gently stroke down. The lashes will eventualy loosen and slide off leaving the natural lash in place.

For removing single lashes, use your tweezers to hold the lash away from the other lashes and one brush to stroke remover on with.

Definitely tape the bottom lashes down, then you won't stick top and bottom together!

Try AKS Online for a mobile lightweight beauty bed. They have one for £105.00.

Good luck!

I've read this thread with interest as I'm in a similar position - just starting beauty training, just learnt lash extensions and need to do my case studies. I'm looking for a lightweight portable couch. Can you please tell me whether the AKS couch (10kg) comes in a bag with wheels or can we buy this separately? It doesn't say anything on the website.

thank you
Cindy

Try eBay there's loads x

I've read this thread with interest as I'm in a similar position - just starting beauty training, just learnt lash extensions and need to do my case studies. I'm looking for a lightweight portable couch. Can you please tell me whether the AKS couch (10kg) comes in a bag with wheels or can we buy this separately? It doesn't say anything on the website.

thank you
Cindy

Comes in a bag with carry strap. You don't need wheels - it's really light to carry. Also has a face hole and neck support cushion included.

You should not be applying lashes to every lash. Only to ones that are further along in their growth cycle. Attaching a lash to a 'baby' lash will only cause damage and cause them to shed prematurely. If you're unsure, you should consult your trainer as this should have been covered in your training.

Hi everyone am new to salon geek so if this comes up in someones thread sorry for butting in on your conversation but didn't know how to start my own thread. Have been using Nouveau lashes for ages now and read alot about Flirties adhesive so i ordered it but it doesn't seem to mention anything about a professional sealer just a homecare one. Can anybody tell me if after finishing the lashes there is any need to apply sealer? I have some of the nouveau sealer left would that be ok to apply for now as i don't have the homecare flirties sealer yet and have a few sets of lashes this week!!! Til i order it am a bit skeptical!

Hi everyone am new to salon geek so if this comes up in someones thread sorry for butting in on your conversation but didn't know how to start my own thread. Have been using Nouveau lashes for ages now and read alot about Flirties adhesive so i ordered it but it doesn't seem to mention anything about a professional sealer just a homecare one. Can anybody tell me if after finishing the lashes there is any need to apply sealer? I have some of the nouveau sealer left would that be ok to apply for now as i don't have the homecare flirties sealer yet and have a few sets of lashes this week!!! Til i order it am a bit skeptical!

I use flirties expert speed and strength and a sealer on completion of the treatment is not necessary. The lashes last really well. Love this glue soo much! xx

Thanks so much....looking forward to using it today! x

Cazz 89, I don't tape down the lashes, I just use a gel pad over the bottom lashes. Just be sure to cover all the bottom lashes with the gel pad and check none of the top lashes ( in the outer corners) aren't trapped underneath it. If the pads move around a bit I use a little micro tape at each end to secure the pad, but rarely find I need to do this... depends how chatty the client is or the contours of their face.

If I can't use gel pads on a particular client (e.g. allergy) then I would use microtape only to stick down their lower lashes, but before applying the tape to their delicate eye area, I take the 'stick' off the tape by sticking it to the back of my (clean) hand and then use it. This will give enough stick to keep the lower lashes in place without causing great discomfort to your client. Hth xx

Latest posts

Back