Eyelash Extension Primer/Sealent/Tweezer Questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coups103

Reaction score
Hi All

Due to do my semi perm eyelash extension training very soon (so excited!) and I know that Marvel do not use primer or sealant in their training, so I am trying to get as much info in order to provide a great service when qualified.

1. Obviously you would prime the lashes before doing a full set but what about clients that return for infills, would you prime these lashes as some would be made up of the false lashes?

2. With a sealant would it be ok to use a new disposable wand to apply the sealant at the end of treatment, thereby no cross contamination with the next client (as long as you only pumped once!).

3. I've been practising on a manneqin head just to get my hand in and find when picking up the lash with the tweezers I am kinking the end of the lash, I take it I am applying too much pressure when holding the lash?

Thanks your wisdom is greatly apprecited!! :Dxx

Hi All

Due to do my semi perm eyelash extension training very soon (so excited!) and I know that Marvel do not use primer or sealant in their training, so I am trying to get as much info in order to provide a great service when qualified.

Hmmm...I cant understand why a company wouldn't advise the use of primer. It is such an important part of the prep.:(

1. Obviously you would prime the lashes before doing a full set but what about clients that return for infills, would you prime these lashes as some would be made up of the false lashes?
Yes hun, prime all the lashes.

2. With a sealant would it be ok to use a new disposable wand to apply the sealant at the end of treatment, thereby no cross contamination with the next client (as long as you only pumped once!).
Perfect (although personally, i dont use sealant)

3. I've been practising on a manneqin head just to get my hand in and find when picking up the lash with the tweezers I am kinking the end of the lash, I take it I am applying too much pressure when holding the lash?
Yep, you have to be gentle.

Thanks your wisdom is greatly apprecited!! :Dxx

Have put my answers in green. Hope this makes sense.

Sounds like you've done your research and answered your own questions.!

Thank hun....you have put my mind at rest.

The Marvel Lash course hasn't got that good reviews for that reason of not teaching about primers etc. but its the one nearest to me so I figured at least I would be taught technique and then practice practice!! and this site is just the best for sharing knowledge.

Just a bit gutted cos gonna have to remove my lashes to attend the course and after having them for months now I think they are my own!!!:D

Thanks again for taking time to answer x

Latest posts

Back