Eyelash extensions..can anyone help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dtm_86

Reaction score
I had a full set of individual eyelash extensions done last Wednesday and have done everything she said, brushed them twice a day and not used anything with gel on my eyes, but after not even a week iv lost at least half a set on one eye and a quarter of a set on the other eye??
And now they look completely odd, is this normal?? Considering they were quite expensive.. If anyone has any advice on the best way to remove the rest I would really appreciate it.
Thank you

I had a full set of individual eyelash extensions done last Wednesday and have done everything she said, brushed them twice a day and not used anything with gel on my eyes, but after not even a week iv lost at least half a set on one eye and a quarter of a set on the other eye??
And now they look completely odd, is this normal?? Considering they were quite expensive.. If anyone has any advice on the best way to remove the rest I would really appreciate it.
Thank you

Have you contacted her? Most extensions need a refil 2-4 weeks in, but not as much as you say you've lost.

Have you used any oily products around your eyes? Been to subnets? Did you sweat? Use sauna? You also don't need to brush them twice a day - once or every other day is enough depending on the length? How fast do your natural lashes grow? All these things may affect how long your lashes last, it seems she may not have given you proper aftercare, however, you should really get in touch with her and see what she advises...

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk 2

No I haven't yet I'm going to ring in the morning.

No I haven't done any of them things I don't use sunbeds or anything like that iv hardly worn make up since iv had them done and been very careful to not get any face creams anywhere near my eyes just In case and My own eyelashes don't grow very quickly at all hence why I wanted extensions to avoid applying layers of mascara everyday.

Ok thank you for your advice ill ring them and see what they say.

Sorry to jump in, can you not use sunbeds with extensions? I was told you could :-/ xx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek

If its the first time you've had them I would speak to her and see what she says, but in all honesty I do find all clients lashes seem to last better from the second time (after first infills) as you have made all the mistakes in the first 2 weeks and then take care of them better.
It does sound like you're over brushing them.
Also things like using a hair dryer, make sure it's not pointing at your face.
When you open the oven door, step back so you don't get a blast of heat.
Avoid make up wipes like the plague! They do not work well with lashes.
Don't rub your face with a towel when drying, instead pat etc...
Another big thing is how you sleep. If you sleep on your side they come out quicker.
If this is the case for you try having your lashes done earlier in the day to give them mord chance to cure.
To be honest there's a million and one reasons but buy talking to your lash tech and going through daily routine you can usually work out the reason.
I would say to anyone if your lashes come out quickly try to keep them to show your lash tech as so much can be told from what they look like.

I hope you can get to the bottom of it, there's always a reason :) xx

Thank you
Go back to the technician that applied the lashes and ask her why they have fallen out like that, thats the best thing you can do. To be honest, having had that many fall out in a matter of days isnt right by anyones standards, but i cant see the lashes myself to be sure. If you've done all the correct things in maintenance then the technician is your 1st port of call for help and she will be able to help. Dont pull the remaining ones out ask the tech to remove them professionally so you dont damage your natural lashes in the process. I'm sure she will be willing to help and offer advise. Good luck x

Sorry to jump in, can you not use sunbeds with extensions? I was told you could :-/ xx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek

You can , but they do affect how long they last, as the heat may affect the glue or make extensions clump together, especially if sunbeds are used immediately or quite soon after the the extensions had been applied xxx

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk 2

I actually read the post as after a week and a half you have lost them, my bad for miss reading sorry!
Yes less than a week is not ok at all, but as I said, there's always a reason and I'm sure your lash tech will happily sort them out and find the reason x

So many things can attribute to you prematurely loosing your lashes. However, it is also quite possible that the glue she used is getting old. It's also possible the the glue is not premium quality. Do you know what glue was used? Also, I would never recommend brushing your lashes twice a day. Once in the morning is plenty, and gently at that.

I have a client due in half an hour for her third set of lashes. The first set she lost very quickly, but she put that down to using mascara and removing it - lots!!! The second set came out after a week and a half - not all, but a lot, and now she's in for set no 3. I personally think that some people can't keep lashes on, in the same way some can't keep varnish on. Just how they are!!! My aftercare was good, the glue is new, and everyone else is getting a great life out of their lashes!!!

I had mine done and by the 6th day I had lost around half the set, I done all the after care never wore make up ect... It turned out I have very oily eye lids, due to the amount of solar oil I use on my clients then not realizing I was touching my eyes. Just a thought! its surprising how much you touch your eyes

Are you sleeping on that side and favoring it more often then the other? I had the same thing happen to a client of mine. We summed it all up to that because she said she LOVES sleeping and rubbing her face in the pillow..lol.. My other clients were a ok!

Latest posts

Back