Eyelash Extensions Fell Out ??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicolesx

Reaction score
hiii ..

well i done a set of eyelashes for my friend 2 days ago and done them at a discounted price.. they were lovely on her, i told her all the dos and donts and not to pick at them or anything ( she picks at everything .. and moans about everything ) so today she txted me saying her left eyelashes have near enough all came out so we were txting back and forth about this and i kept telling her to come up and get the ones that had fell out put back in.. she said they just came out, but i am fairly new to lashes by a few months and have done 10 or 11 sets now and had returning customers for top ups and never had this problem and no that they just dont "fall out" .. anyway she said she was going out and was going to find someone to fix these ( me being her friend and wanting to rectify and get to the bottom of what happend with these lashes .. and she wants to go pay someone in a salon ) then she said she went in a shower and the right ones just came started going out so now she has ripped them all off.. i have told her about 5 or 6 times i would fix put more in and not to take them off, and then i txted her sayin i will do a brand new set on her tomorrow if she wants and she hasnt even got back to me.. I have watched how she puts make up on and moisteriser and i have told her she CANNOT get anything near the lashes and she said she hasnt done anything so i dont understand what to do or what has happend??

sorry for such a long story just wanted to get it all in ..

any advice or help will be appricated xxx

hi nicole... did you tell her not to wash her face soaking the lash after application or have a hot shower... glue should not be wet for at least 24hrs, u can also get a sealant for lashes after app... also a primer to take oil out of lashes. i dread doing my 1 friend who complains . so i have her fill out a lash consultation now and give her the do and dont in print lol... i have a copy if you require just pm me an e-mail addy :D:D but if she has sat and rubbed!!! and if you followed all rules not ur fault. dont discount her lol and she may not come back:o

she complains about everything to be honest :( even wen i done her nails.. she complained she didnt like the colour of glitter even tho she choose it, and she ripped them all off and i done a new set for nothing. and now her lashes.. she is a complete nightmare.. yeh if you could pm me it on here that would be great :) i do the same thing on everyone elses lashes and dont have a prob.. they come back every two weeks for their top up and everything is perfect with them.

do you think i should give her her money back or just offer a new set like iv already done.

yeh i told her not to get them wet at all until the next night and she said that was fine but i done them on thurs and its now sat so they should be ok for shower anyway but i dont know if she has drowned them with water and just being plain daft lol x

she complains about everything to be honest :( even wen i done her nails.. she complained she didnt like the colour of glitter even tho she choose it, and she ripped them all off and i done a new set for nothing. and now her lashes.. she is a complete nightmare.. yeh if you could pm me it on here that would be great :) i do the same thing on everyone elses lashes and dont have a prob.. they come back every two weeks for their top up and everything is perfect with them.

do you think i should give her her money back or just offer a new set like iv already done.

yeh i told her not to get them wet at all until the next night and she said that was fine but i done them on thurs and its now sat so they should be ok for shower anyway but i dont know if she has drowned them with water and just being plain daft lol x

just ask her how she washed her face that night !!.. i tell people just to use a wipe on face go nowhere lear the lid... ask her what she wants u may get a .. oh it dosnt matter lol.. :D i need an emailo to get it to you, its an adobe file x

its [email protected] .. thats great thank you..

yeh i tell me clients how to go round it with a make up wipe so they dont go near the lashes as well.. im just so annoyed.. an actual client wouldnt treat me the way she has and she is suppose to be my friend.. just goes to show that it aint a good idea doing friend lol i see posts on here all the time about people doing treatments on friends and it not turnin out to good either xx

Not everyone is suitable for eyelash extensions, I learnt that the hard way.

Even if you give her another full set free of charge they could all come off in a week because of the way she's treating them. You could be fighting a losing battle, I think it's best to leave this client.

If a new client is having problems with their lash extensions in the first week I'll fix them free of charge with a different glue. At the same time I let them know if this doesn't work there is nothing more I can do for them. It could be the way they sleep for all I know!

I don't think you should give her her money back. You've done the work.

She sounds like a right nightmare! Remember, you choose to do your clients to enhance your life. Add up the amount of time you've spent dealing with this matter, include the amount of time it's played on your mind and the time you've spent worrying about it, and multiply that by your hourly rate. Then look at how much you've made from her. Has it been worth it? Time is money.

I cut off any clients who are rude to me, consistently late or whose lashes don't stay on. Seems harsh, but I work for myself to make my life better. I don't want to be lying in bed at night worrying about a client, or feeling upset by something they said.

i know she is a nightmare and has being completely rude to me when i have offered to do a brand new set and she hasnt even got back to me.. i know this is her fault.. i know that i can do lashes and i spend alot of time making sure they are all ok and look lovely for my client.. she has just completely thrown it back in my face :( i explained about hot water and everything and she just completely doesnt want to know what iv said cause she paid £35 for them. awww im sooo angry at her!!

well this has been happening since 10 am this mornin so if i was chargin a hourly rate for worrying and talking about it then i would be making a fortune the now lol..

xx

deep breath again, i know its awfull and it chews u up... i bet if she didnt know ypu she be loving them... dont do it again , tell her u have decided not to treat friends as it caises strain on friendship if anything goes wrong. and tell the friends you do to keep quiet... x:D

Not all business is good business.

This is what my best friend said to me when I had my first 'Toxic' client that I needed to stop doing. It's so hard cutting your first client off, but there'll always come a point where you need to. You'll feel bad at first but look back and be glad you did it.

You are in this industry to make your life better and happier. This situation is not doing either of those things so you need to stop it. You have control of your business.

I wouldn't start lying to your friend, and telling your other friends to lie, that opens a whole can of worms. She sounds like she'd be evil if she found out. Plus you have nothing to hide.

I'm not even sure if 'friend' is the right word for this person. No friend of mine is rude to me.

Maybe text her once more with something like:

I really value your friendship and don't want us to fall out over this. How do you want to resolve this? I think it's best I don't do your lashes again because I don't want us to fall out again.

If you value her friendship you could try saving it by giving her her money back. But if she takes it is she really a good friend to you??? And the moment you give anyone their money back you have admitted your work is crap to them, so I don't do refunds.

Good luck hun. Cut, cut, CUT!!! You'll feel so much better for it lol x x x

thanks girls thats prob the best advice i have had on here so thank yu :) i am going to txt her and say did you get my txt about a new set of lashes and see what she says and then i will see what she says and if its still cheeky i am going to say i am not doing her again as it causes problems and i cannot be doing with business like that .. just makes life harder when even your friends are againest you..

thanks girls.. i have taken deeps breaths and my boyfriend just went away and got me icecream to calm me down lol so all is good now lol.

xxxx

No worries. Glad to help.

If she does take you up on the free lashes just make it clear if they fall off again the glue is not compatible with her and there is nothing more you can do. My nice way off saying, leave me alone he he.

Just remember to value your time and work. If a client doesn't do the same then it's time to let them go. I'd rather replace a horrid client with a nice one, plenty of those around :)

thanks :) i have given her a txt .. she told me she wasnt gng out tonight now cause of me so i have txted her to see if she got my last message so i will let yous know what happens.. hopefully get it sorted... you are right about the worrying thing and spending so much time doing it.. xxx

she sounds an awfull friend !!! :suprised: id tell her its not your fault that she rubs her eyes and picks . uva taken advice u HAVE followed Every protocol.... ohhh i wans give her a piece of my mind... next time glue her eyes together lmao .. NOOOO dont lol...:twisted: dont do ANYTHING for her, she sounds mean.... chin up huni.....xxxx ps mds sheet and consultation shhet sent x

believe me i think my mum wanted to give her a good peice of her mind as well lol.. i wont be doing anything again.. i love comin on here and people can give you their advice on what they would do :) yous have been a great help and if she doesnt pester me again then i will be gluin her eyes together lol kidden :)

xxx

Hi Nicole,

this might sound aweful but it doesnt sound like a good or appreciative friend if you have put all the time and effort in and even though you say "only" 11 sets that is quite a bit when you get started and from what i gather they all have been fine!

There is obviously a certain way to apply semi permanent lash extensions and yes we should keep oil based creams, lotions and mascara away from it and not have hot showers or steam rooms/saunas for the first 24 hours BUT....when we tested things i actually put some lashes on myself just to see.....
i put them on the "express" way...washed my face, put moisturizer on, used the normal mascara, rubbed my eyes and did not look after them at all (didnt even put sealant on) .......they would just not come off....tried to pick them (no way would they come off).... and even when i tried to take them off with the remover they were stubborn to let go......

so the upshot is.....whilst this is no way of treating your lashes or extensions...it showed me that (just like nails) there is no way on earth that lashes will just "fall off" in the shower or in bed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just like nails you can tell people picking and if they pick the lash extensions the natural lashes will come out with it...no way around it!!!!!

Dont give her her money back!! you have done the treatment and for whatever reason it hasnt worked for her...some people cant stand having anything applied to them and will continuously pick at it!

You have done the right thing by offering her to come back for some infills but that is really all you can do.......and if she was a reasonable client (let alone a friend) she would come back and give you the chance to have a look at it to see what happened or what could be done to help!!!!

yes you are completely right .. she is terrible .. she eventually got back to me this morning saying she fell asleep from 7 ocock last night and woke up at 10 this mornin when she told me she was going out but anyway she said she had taken them all off so now i will never know really what happend to them to be honest but aw well all over with now.. she can do one :D

thanks girls xxxxxx

I bet you would still be able to see what happened because without remover she would have not been ablel to pull the lashes off without ripping her own ones out....!!!!

but sometimes its best to leave it and not get into an argument as i get the feeling she has caused you enough grief already!!!! But dont let anyone like that knock your confidence..!!!! Luckily not all clients are like that and most are really appreciative and happy with your lashes so keep going!!!!

who needs enemies when you've got friends like that, kick her to the kerb lol.
the fact that she would not come to show you them and let you rectify the problem speaks volumes.
your other clients have been ok so i wouldnt worry just keep going and dont let it get to you,
you've had some good advice here off other geeks, its nice to know that we can all support each other

hear hear xx have a good whit week and . i bet she will be back in 6 weeks when the lashes come of off own accord lol... she prob lost 1 or 2 made mountain out of a mole hill and dug her self deeper... :( so when u see her u will know whats happend as lash cycle happens she will be bald if she did indeed pull them out:D hope the consultation sheet helps xx

Latest posts

Back