Eyelash extensions help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1357c

Reaction score
Hi guys few questions!
I trained in December and now offer extensions in my salon. On my training I was told 30 lashes per eye but reading on here I'm gathering ally more?? I have done them on my mum for 5 months so she has literally everylash covered. Also what are your timings? Mine can be up to two hours and that's for 30 per eye! I use d curls which people seen really pleased with

hey :) i was taught 65-80 for a full set, i did my training in may and its taking me between 2 and 2 and a half hours to do a full set. im an absolute perfectionist and want to lash every lash, think thats why im a bit slow haha! practice makes perfect seems to be the motto - and its so true! xx

I was told 40 for a full set, which I'm doing in about 2 hours. Did my Mum yesterday, and they were the best I've done and she was pleased. She had lots of really short lashes that criss crossed, so was difficult to do. But she was really pleased with them, I used mainly 9's, with a couple of 7's on the inner and a couple of 11's on outer, didn't use many 11's and these seemed so much longer than her natural lashes.

So by using lots of 9's they looked ok and not like spiders. She was pleased because she felt like it looked like she had mascara on and the extensions 0.2mm were thinker than her own. Wish I'd got another 20 in each though, might see if she wants anymore in today? She'll probably be too busy today, which leaves me frustrated! x

Hi guys few questions!
I trained in December and now offer extensions in my salon. On my training I was told 30 lashes per eye but reading on here I'm gathering ally more?? I have done them on my mum for 5 months so she has literally everylash covered. Also what are your timings? Mine can be up to two hours and that's for 30 per eye! I use d curls which people seen really pleased with

Are you finding that your clients are happy? Am just asking because i trained over a year ago and still haven't been brave enough to offer the treatment on my web page and wondering if i should just grit my teeth and offer it! x

I would definatley offer it! I'm charging £40 at the moment for a full set and have been putting morethan the 30 lashes that I was told. I have found that doing them on clients has really helped me! Yesterday I did a set of about 45 lashes in each in just over an hour which is my personal best but I do book out between 1hour30mins -2 hours I am using lashbase lashes which I love! Just got to get my flirties glue! I do worry though when people say they get them on every lash. I think that would take me hours! I'm building up more an more lashes per eyethough which is good. And love the tips on here! I would definatley start offering it and making your money back! That way more quality products for your clients! The clients are always happy I usually used to use d curls but have switched to 0.20 c curls in 11 and 13 and the little biddy 8 & 9s what thickness do u use? I sometimes feel mine look to thick

Forget about the amount of lashes and think about what you are advertising. "Full Set" to me means every single eyelash is extended, if you aren't doing that then it isn't a full set. This may sound contradictory to what I just said but to get your timings down, limit yourself. Start with two hours and do as many as you can in that time then when you can do a full set drop 10 mins off the time. It took me ages to get the hang of it so don't worry, just practice!

I would definatley offer it! I'm charging £40 at the moment for a full set and have been putting morethan the 30 lashes that I was told. I have found that doing them on clients has really helped me! Yesterday I did a set of about 45 lashes in each in just over an hour which is my personal best but I do book out between 1hour30mins -2 hours I am using lashbase lashes which I love! Just got to get my flirties glue! I do worry though when people say they get them on every lash. I think that would take me hours! I'm building up more an more lashes per eyethough which is good. And love the tips on here! I would definatley start offering it and making your money back! That way more quality products for your clients! The clients are always happy I usually used to use d curls but have switched to 0.20 c curls in 11 and 13 and the little biddy 8 & 9s what thickness do u use? I sometimes feel mine look to thick

At the moment I have J's in 1.5 and 2. Am thinking of getting a mixed tray of B's 2mm. I have flirties glue which has helped me improve very quickly in a short space of time! I've ordered sealant from Hollywood lashes, I haven't used this before but seems like every one else is. I also started to use primer a month ago. x

the good thing about doing your mums is you can take a break and go back ;) i do my mums as well and she was great for practice. i honestly think practice is the key to it, and youll get your speed up. i use smaller lashes to create volume as well, i get my skeleton lashes in place then just fill fill fill! dont worry about how many cos to be honest i have no idea how many i actually put on, its too hard to count exactly. just try to make sure every available lash is extended :) good luck and stay confident! if your mum was happy with them good, thats what you want xx

If I am honest I would have no idea how many lashes I put on as I try and do as many as I can in around 2 hours. I tend to get pretty much all the lashes but at the same time (last night for instance) some clients have sooo many lashes compared to others that I would be there for 3/4 hours if I attempted to get every one.

Arent there any way to post pics of clients lashes on her so everyone can get an idea of everyone else's work. Might give some people a better idea of what a full set 'should' be

Arent there any way to post pics of clients lashes on her so everyone can get an idea of everyone else's work. Might give some people a better idea of what a full set 'should' be

Geeks on here do have photo albums.

Go to the "other" tab at the top of the page and you will see this option.

I have a diagram in my album that I posted a while back that gives a good basic outline of which lashes to use to create a full look (obviously it's only one example but it's a good starting point for those lashers who are just starting out and would like a bit of guidance)

HTH

AH I see! I am new to this site!

You have the diagram of the bones and fills structure I was trying to explain to another lasher too...that's helpful!

Latest posts

Back