Eyelash extensions-removal of residue on lash?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all

I am a newbie to semi permant eye lash extensions. I am in my 2nd month of practise. I am just starting to infill my models who are coming back.
I have been removing loose lashes with tweezers. My question is what do you do about residue of glue on the lash to put a new lash on?
Do you attempt to remove it with glue remover?
My worry about this is glue remover getting on the other lashes and becoming very messy?
If you have glue stuck on the lashes - it makes it difficult to sit a new lash on nicely.
Would a primer help to prevent this?
All your advice greatly appreciated!
😊😊

I use remover until I see no residue, after a while you get really good at keeping it on the one lash.
After that I wipe the lashes with water and maybe apply a small amount of oil free cleanser. Then I dry and follow up with a primer and then make sure primer is dry too.
Sorry if that's a bit confusing. You just keep gently wiping with the remover and all residue will come away after a bit.
:)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh I forgot and if the tape below gets soggy, you can replace it after the lashes have had remover cleaned off and are dry. Sometimes its easier to apply more lashes without soggy tape lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

How do you apply the glide remover - with a micro brush?
How would you clean it off and use an oil free make up remover? Is this with a cotton bud?
Yes I thought that any tape or pad would get soggy with the glue remover and it would be difficult to keep it isolated to individual lashes.
Thank you for the advice

Anyone able to advise on this? When clients come in for infills, I find that I end up removing more than just those run away ones required! Agh! Big clumps of gooey lashes come loose and then end up having to practically do a new set!!
Also someone mentioned cleaning lashes with water? Is that at infill or should the client be doing this?

If your application is clean to start off with you shouldn't be having glue remaining on the lashes at an infill

If there are clumps of gluey goo then either you applied too much glue to start with or they have been using products on their lashes such as mascara.

If your glue consistency is correct on application then when you strip the extensions off the natural lash at a fill it should come away cleanly with no glue remaining. Once that is done you can brush through lashes again, use either primer or protein remover pads and then start your fill.

You must advise your clients to keep their lashes clean by using lash shampoo every other day minimum and brushing through, this helps to stop the build up of makeup, skin and dust in the lashes.

Check out my infill tutorial on YouTube
Under
Eyelash extensions in Kent

This will show u how easy a fill should be xx

If your application is clean to start off with you shouldn't be having glue remaining on the lashes at an infill

If there are clumps of gluey goo then either you applied too much glue to start with or they have been using products on their lashes such as mascara.

If your glue consistency is correct on application then when you strip the extensions off the natural lash at a fill it should come away cleanly with no glue remaining. Once that is done you can brush through lashes again, use either primer or protein remover pads and then start your fill.

You must advise your clients to keep their lashes clean by using lash shampoo every other day minimum and brushing through, this helps to stop the build up of makeup, skin and dust in the lashes.

Check out my infill tutorial on YouTube
Under
Eyelash extensions in Kent

This will show u how easy a fill should be xx

Is there any particular wash/shampoo you recommend? Xx

would also like to know what shampoo u recommend please. One of my ladies put a load of mascara on for a night out and i bumped into her the other day, she looks like her lashes are dusty! Naughty girl! Lol. X

Done some searching and Lash FX recommend buying a foam pump bottle (they don't say what size though!) and filling it 1part baby shampoo, 3parts distilled water and 1tablespoon baking soda.

I'd already knew using baby shampoo was good but where could you buy a few foaming pump bottles for a decent price? (And what size would be best?) I'm thinking I could start and give/sell clients an aftercare kit rather than just giving them leaflets... X

Done some searching and Lash FX recommend buying a foam pump bottle (they don't say what size though!) and filling it 1part baby shampoo, 3parts distilled water and 1tablespoon baking soda.

I'd already knew using baby shampoo was good but where could you buy a few foaming pump bottles for a decent price? (And what size would be best?) I'm thinking I could start and give/sell clients an aftercare kit rather than just giving them leaflets... X

What about this bottle from boots? It's probably small but they do lots of travel sized empties for you to out your own products in, I think they also do a little box/case thing which may be handy for a little aftercare kit?
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389462790.017892.jpg

What about this bottle from boots? It's probably small but they do lots of travel sized empties for you to out your own products in, I think they also do a little box/case thing which may be handy for a little aftercare kit?
View attachment 52423

Think that might be a basic pump. Not one that creates foam? X

Hi I got some 160ml foaming bottles from www.naturallythinking.com, under £1 each x

I bought a load off here, I used 1 part baby shampoo to 3 part water - I skipped the baking soda - don't like the idea of this on my clients lashes.
I give them an after care pack with a mascara wand and tell them to dispense the shampoo onto wand, take excess off with fingers and brush through lashes
Hth x

Thank you!

LieLash, do you charge for the kit or just give one to any new lash client? And do you give it in a nice case?

I feel a bit naff that all this time I've given folk a wand and a leaflet and left em to it. But then again, a recent new client, just before I was about to hand over the wand, started asking if she should use a soft children's toothbrush to brush them as that's what she used to do when she had extensions before! X

What size did you get lielash? Their all 59p, I've compared the sizes to things at home and the 150ml is same size as a lynx deodorant! Is that too big to give a client?x

What size did you get lielash? Their all 59p, I've compared the sizes to things at home and the 150ml is same size as a lynx deodorant! Is that too big to give a client?x

Aerosols aren't always good to compare to. Think about a pop bottle from the shop being 500ml x

Aerosols aren't always good to compare to. Think about a pop bottle from the shop being 500ml x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389521150.055811.jpg

These are mine - I charge £1.50 to cover the cost of my bottle, product etc. I also give them a pretty little bag I get off eBay with a folded sheet with aftercare and my price list for every thing else I do as well as loyalty card and refer a friend
Also a little mascara wand inside / they love it.

You need to get the 50ml or 75ml bottles - these are 100ml and slightly too big for my liking

You need to get the 50ml or 75ml bottles - these are 100ml and slightly too big for my liking

Thankyou, just interested. They look very professional. I like the eyelash rescue pack x

View attachment 52492

These are mine - I charge £1.50 to cover the cost of my bottle, product etc. I also give them a pretty little bag I get off eBay with a folded sheet with aftercare and my price list for every thing else I do as well as loyalty card and refer a friend
Also a little mascara wand inside / they love it.

do you make your own labels? If so did you have to list all the ingredients from the baby shampoo? Fab idea, i wasn't even told about this in my training, i was told just use warm water and wand to comb through. X

Latest posts

Back