Eyelash Extensions - under eye pads

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

traceybabs

Reaction score
I am an eyelash technician and have been using products from the Eyelash Emporium for a few years. Recently I have had quite a few complaints about irritation and soreness from the under-eye pads as soon as they are placed under the eye. I know that they have to be kept away from the wetline, but I am having too many complaints for it to suddenly be that alone. The company have advised me that the ingredients have not been changed. Has anyone got any advice?

Ive yet to train in these but would like to know if you can use damp cotton pads under the eye instead.

We have only had positive feedback on either the lint free ones or the anti wrinkle collagen and clients find them very cool and soothing which adds to the relaxation of the treatment :O))

Ive yet to train in these but would like to know if you can use damp cotton pads under the eye instead.

In simple...no.

The lashes will end up looking like candy floss with all the fibres that would be stuck to them.

I personally wouldn't use damp cotton pads under the eye, they won't stay in place and will not keep lower lashes out the way plus your tweezers will snag on them. I use micropore tap & no. 1 shaped Premium eye pads from lashbase no complaints from clients or me!!

Lash base silver lint free no complaints :)

I am an eyelash technician and have been using products from the Eyelash Emporium for a few years. Recently I have had quite a few complaints about irritation and soreness from the under-eye pads as soon as they are placed under the eye. I know that they have to be kept away from the wetline, but I am having too many complaints for it to suddenly be that alone. The company have advised me that the ingredients have not been changed. Has anyone got any advice?

I am experiencing more clients having reactions to the pads (whichever pads used) including myself!!

I have found the solution to this is to tape the lashes down first then place the pads "slightly" lower so that there is no chance of them touching the eye. This will also stop any watering or redness of the eye that is due to pads :)

Thanks for your responses. I am baffled as to why this has started happening recently when ive been doing lashes for years. I too have found the pads uncomfortable recently, but any irritation has gone straight after my treatment. See a new post today about sore eyes....

I have been getting my lashes done religiously for a few months now and the girl has to use tape on me as my face gets itchy, burning & swolen with the pads! I had them done last year from a different girl to who does it now and despite me saying lots of times the pads were really burning me she left them on, the look on her face when she took them off me lol, some people should not be aloud to do things like this ha!! X

Latest posts

Back