Eyelash Extensions (your own)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lou x

Reaction score
Does anybody have any tips on how to make this easier?
I struggle seperating my lashes so I get some stuck together :S x

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek

Eyelash extensions on yourself ? Xx

Yeah I didn't think it was possible either until I saw a thread on here!
They actually look great and once you get the hang of it it doesn't take long (also a great conversation starter to get new clients)
I just have the problem of separating them sometimes x

Can't you find someone in your area who will do a lash swap with you?

wow, how can you do them on yourself? Tell me how?????

no way... lol? Really? Its gotta be impossible? and dangerous?? Could get either glue or tweezers in your eye?

Ive been doing my own for a few months now and not had any problems!
I was thinking about lash swap but tbh I like doing my own as I can say I done them and also add more whenever I need them x

I just stick them on lol there's no trick! You just hold the lashes different in the tweezers! (sometimes) - you will know what I mean when you try! x
Use a nice bright place, plonk yourself in front of a mirror and give it a go : ) xxx

I've always done mine myself but I really don't enjoy doing it. I've tried couple of places in the past but I wasn't happy with the end result due to the fact I've got naturally curled lashes. It comes out really nice each time I've done my lash extension but I confess I can only stick with doing the cluster lashes and not the semi-permanent lashes. I don't know how you could do that yourself.:biggrin:

Hi Lou, I have really tried to see how to do it myself but can't see enough...grrr I've even taped my eye down ha ha I'll have to keep trying. I've not had glue anywhere near yet just trying to hold the lashes near is hard enough. :)

Hi
I was just wondering how long it takes you to do your own?I have thought about doing mine before as think its great to promote your own work.I have been worried it would be to hard??and i'd not the the effect i would on a client.I might pluck up the courage and give it a go!!x

It is possible, takes longer and I do not have that much time + I love having my lashes done by someone else - cause that means I get to relax for a bit. For those reasons I don't do my own..

I don't do my own purely because I'm a perfectionist and I like my lashes to look good as I advertise myself I really don't have the time I do a lash swap every few weeks with a friend

Also I'm a perfectionist and that's the reason I do my own! :) I love knowing they are perfect! :)
Takes me about an hour for full set on myself but it's good cause halfway through I can have a tea break :) x

Hi Lou, I have really tried to see how to do it myself but can't see enough...grrr I've even taped my eye down ha ha I'll have to keep trying. I've not had glue anywhere near yet just trying to hold the lashes near is hard enough. :)

Are you closing your eye or keeping it open? xx

Also I'm a perfectionist and that's the reason I do my own! :) I love knowing they are perfect! :)
Takes me about an hour for full set on myself but it's good cause halfway through I can have a tea break :) x

Wow, that is fast! Surely you do not lash all available lashes.. Full set takes me 1hr 20 - 30 mins - I was sure that is quick (with 4 years full time experience) - I always lash every lash available for clients - but this is when I do clients - which is quicker than doing your own.. How long does it take you to do a full set on clients?

I've had a client for a massage who does her own - she's a beauty therapist but unfortunately lives in Victoria so no swap...but

I have thought about doing mine - I do my own tinting...but I'd worry that I'd get bored half way through ....:rolleyes:

Wow, that is fast! Surely you do not lash all available lashes.. Full set takes me 1hr 20 - 30 mins - I was sure that is quick (with 4 years full time experience) - I always lash every lash available for clients - but this is when I do clients - which is quicker than doing your own.. How long does it take you to do a full set on clients?

I take 1 hr (sometimes just over of course) for clients and the same on my own applying extensions on every available lash xx

I've had a client for a massage who does her own - she's a beauty therapist but unfortunately lives in Victoria so no swap...but

I have thought about doing mine - I do my own tinting...but I'd worry that I'd get bored half way through ....:rolleyes:

That's the good thing about it! One eye before eastenders and cuppa tea then one after :) x

I take 1 hr (sometimes just over of course) for clients and the same on my own applying extensions on every available lash xx

It would be fantastic if you could post a pic for us to see how they look when done by you on yourself !

Last edited:
Phew! I can tint my own lashes and brows, can wax my own brows, but not sure I"m up to doing EE!

Latest posts

Back