Eyelash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1990beauty

Reaction score
Hi, am after some advice.

I completed level 3 beauty course back in 2011, this included semi-permanent lashes (these were quite new to the market then) and really enjoyed the course. Unfortunately I didn't go into the industry as I had other things on my mind. Fast forward six years and I now have a 12 week old baby and a job to go back to that i hate.

Going back into beauty has been on my mind for some time now, it's something I enjoy, flexible hours and I have a friend who earns good money. So lashes is where I thought I would start as I was good at it and live in an area where there is little offering.

This is where I need help! I haven't done a set in years, have no clients and little money. Where do I start?
Have considered an online course.

Hi, am after some advice.

I completed level 3 beauty course back in 2011, this included semi-permanent lashes (these were quite new to the market then) and really enjoyed the course. Unfortunately I didn't go into the industry as I had other things on my mind. Fast forward six years and I now have a 12 week old baby and a job to go back to that i hate.

Going back into beauty has been on my mind for some time now, it's something I enjoy, flexible hours and I have a friend who earns good money. So lashes is where I thought I would start as I was good at it and live in an area where there is little offering.

This is where I need help! I haven't done a set in years, have no clients and little money. Where do I start?
Have considered an online course.

Have you thought of doing a refresher course ?
http://www.uklashinstitute.com/eyelash-extension-refresher/

Hope that helps and good luck.

Hi
If you haven't done a course since 2011 then you will need to retrain -so much as changed - advancements in the science behind our products, the new products.
The biggest thing is that training has improved too where as back then it was basic as lashes were so new.
I retrain many students that took courses years ago and are really behind so it's really important that you retrain - not only to give your clients the best lashes but to ensure the practices that you apply to them are safe as up to date.

I would suggest a conversion course where you can refresh your skills and knowledge. Things change all the time in the lash industry including the products, what we used years ago we may not use now. Take a look at Flirties, they do conversion courses and all trainers are active lashers in the industry x

Aslong as you are qualified and insured id recommend to see if any friends or family would be happy to let you practice on them. You can also get a block head and strip lash to get the hang of it again although I do feel lashing is like riding a bike once you know how you dont forget. Watch lots of videos on YouTube to refresh and see what all the new techniques are. An online course is a waste of money if you are looking to do a refresher courses definitely find a day course. Good luck x

Latest posts

Back