Eyelash Perming - so confused!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClaireyW

Reaction score
I had my eyelash perm training a few months ago and then on the test day i was ill so missed out!
I have since done eyelash extension training which i have been practicing non stop, and i now feel about nervous about the perm! I have the test next month.
I understand the rules of needing to ensure the lashes are oil/make up free etc, to attach the rod close to the lash line as possible, use glue for stray eyelashes...
My main queries are - how do you know which sized roller to use, and where to apply the solution?
Ive read various threads saying you should apply all over the lash, then threads saying its just in the middle or at the base? In my training i was told it was just a thin line to be applied to the middle of the lash.
I have had a few practices - first time turned out fine, second time the lashes curled over on themselves and i spent ages trying to straighten them out
I feel really nervous about doing it again! Any advice is much appreciated!
x

I have been doing eyelash perming for a while and it does get easier like everything else.
You pick the size of the roller by eye. If they have really long eyelashes go for the large, if not go for the medium. I personally have never used the small on anyone.
I put the lotion all over the lashes but thats how I was trained.
The reason the lashes curled over on themsleves was because your roller could have been too small. Next time try a bigger size.
If your that nervous could you not contact your trainer and speak to them.
Good luck. x

Latest posts

Back