Eyelash Perming

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahjs

Reaction score
Hi I'm currenty studying beauty therapy and last week I was taught how to lash perm. I was shown how to attach all the lashes to the perming rod and used another student from a different class as a model. I saw the other student the next day when I went in for a salon day and she asked me if her bottom lashes were supposed to curl up to and when i looked at them they didn't look right. The tutor had helped me to do this and at the time I thought it wasn't right but because she was teaching me I went along with what she was showing me. The tutor wasn't in college the following day so I couldn't ask. Does anybody have any advice about this. Thankyou.

When sticking the top lashes to the rod you prob caught the bottom ones by accident, you have to make sure the lower lashes are not caught up once you have applied the top lashes to the rod, if lower lashes are stuck to perm rod they will curl up the wrong way.

xx

Hi thanks for replying. The tutor stuck the bottom lashes on the rod and I continued with what she did on the other eye that's why I'm confused. I really don't know why she showed me this way if it's wrong!!

oh dear - looks like your tutor messed it up for you!

when I do lash perming, I always ask the client to open her eyes once I have stuck all the lashes to the rod - that way you can see if any of the bottom lashes have become attached - if so, just very gently tease off with a tooth pick.

hope that helps:)

Not your fault hun, your tutor was maybe having a bad day.

I did my lash perming training recently and I was taught to ask the client to open her eyes after I'd stuck the lashes on the rod every minute or so and then un-stick any bottom lashes by using a tooth pick or similar instrument. I've since found it easier to get the client to keep her eyes closed and then gently pull the eyelid open slightly (less twitching of the eye).

Easy to avoid in future :hug:

Thanks for your advice everyone!

Latest posts

Back