Eyelash question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisareid

Reaction score
I was told from my training college that for the best bonding process clients should refrain from wearing mascara 3 days prior to their treatment. Is this true? I have a client who wants them done with me but is refusing to go 3 days without mascara :lol: Can I do the eyelashes but just let her know that wearing the mascara could affect the bonding process? I'm in the middle of my case studies for my assessment so I'm needing all the clients and practice I can get but I also want to produce good quality eyelashes. Can anybody advise please. Thanks for reading :hug:

Hi Lisa,
This is a new one to me! :) I just advise my clients not to wear any eye make up to their appointment. When I'm preparing the lashes for application I'm meticulous when using the primer to remove any oils from moisturiser/old mascara. If your thorough with this part I don't see any reason why your client couldn't wear mascara the day before. I've not had any issues, even with the naughty few that have arrived with mascara on! (tut, tut) As long as you do a good job removing it then the lashes will bond!
HTH's xx

That's great thank you so much. I really didn't want to say no to her as I need all the clients and training I can get. I'll just ask that she removes her mascara before getting them done. :hug:

Thats a new one to me too, NEVER heard of that!!!!! and definately hasnt affected any of my clients!

I have not heard of this before, I would generally not recommend to use mascara for first 24 hours while the adhesive is still setting.

Hi Lisa,
This is a new one to me! :) I just advise my clients not to wear any eye make up to their appointment. When I'm preparing the lashes for application I'm meticulous when using the primer to remove any oils from moisturiser/old mascara. If your thorough with this part I don't see any reason why your client couldn't wear mascara the day before. I've not had any issues, even with the naughty few that have arrived with mascara on! (tut, tut) As long as you do a good job removing it then the lashes will bond!
HTH's xx

I agree - there is no reason why you cant remove the mascara prior to doing the lash application!

Latest posts

Back