Eyelash tinting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boop

Reaction score
Hi All,

i am doing an eyelash tint (patch test according) next tues, for a friend. I dont have a couch yet and wondered if this can be done sitting on a chair? (we use the coach and the client lays down at college, which is obviously more comfortable for the client and easier to do maybe?)
Advice greatly appreaciated!

Thanks xxxx

I haven't done it before sitting up but I would imagine it to be quite fiddly.

As its your friend then I would do it on sofa or bed if possible just make sure the area is well covered with towels incase anything gets spilt (this happened to me while I was training!)

Thats a good idea, i didnt think of that! Thanks xx

We had to use a chair rather than a couch, it was OK (mind you I don't know any better!!) We just dampened the cotton wool or eye shields slightly so it wouldn't fall off. HTH'S

Thanks fats, i thought this might be okay, and they just tilt the head back slightly so the pads dont fall off!
Thankyou xx

Thats how I do it, I don't have a bed yet and I don't know any better!!! It works fine I find:hug:

I've done it reclining back on a sofa for a friend. It was fine. Easier on a couch, but I'm sure you'll be ok.

The thing I like about doing it with the client lying down is that the clients head is kept sturdy without fear that their head will move just as you are about to apply the tint. Ideally on the couch due to the correct working height, but a bed or sofa would do if no alternative.

When I tinted a friends lashes at home she lay out on the sofa with her head propped on a pillow and the treatment went fine. I just sat on a stool at the end so I was comfortable too.
HTH

As well as having a Beauty Spa I also have a salon day in a local community centre for the oldies and I don't have a couch there. I put a chair agains a wall and put a pillow behind their head, asking them to put their head right back - this way they are sturdy. Instead of damp cotton pads I but vasaline under eyes then apply an eye protector - this does not move!

Hope this helps
Amanda

www.funkyfingertips.co.uk

Thanks for all your replies, youve been really helpful and reassured me! will let you know how it goes! :hug:

when i learnt tinting the client laid down on a couch, i too use a couch when i do this treatment

but when tinting was being taught on my fashion makeup course, i was the client and i had to sit up and it felt really weird and the girls working on me didn't feel too comfortable either

although maybe i am just used to the whole couch thing

Latest posts

Back