eyelashes on straight lashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samjackjord

Reaction score
Hi,
My friend wants her lashes doing and I'm panicking like mad! She has in her words 'straight stumpy lashes' and I have to agree! I was going to use j curl but worried as it wont adhere as well as I would want.
Does anyone have any tips or tricks they could share:)

Many thanks
:hug:

look for someone called Lash by Francesca she does only lashes and from other posts ive read im sure she will know

i believe with good technique you will be able to lift and curl natural lashes to a degree with the extensions but ive bever worked on a client like that yet

good luck looking forward to reading some helpful hints for future ref :D

Hey there

You should stop panicking now! The good news is that 'straight, stumpy lashes' are the best type of lashes for applying extensions. The fact that the lashes are straight means its easier to bond the extension to the natural lash. And if the lashes are not that long this allows maximum bonding area, especially at the tip. Both these factors mean the extensions have the ability to stay on the length of the natural lash cycle. Good times! I would recommend the swipe and place or swipe and massage technique and any curl will sti nicely on the lash. If you're not that confident try a J-Curl or a B-Curl.

Hope that helps.

Francesca

Trainer and Master Technician in Individual Eyelash Extensions
LASH by Francesca

Hey there

You should stop panicking now! The good news is that 'straight, stumpy lashes' are the best type of lashes for applying extensions. The fact that the lashes are straight means its easier to bond the extension to the natural lash. And if the lashes are not that long this allows maximum bonding area, especially at the tip. Both these factors mean the extensions have the ability to stay on the length of the natural lash cycle. Good times! I would recommend the swipe and place or swipe and massage technique and any curl will sti nicely on the lash. If you're not that confident try a J-Curl or a B-Curl.

Hope that helps.

Francesca

LASH by Francesca

Hi,
Thanks for that! I am panicking so much because her fella is quite high profile and if what she has looks good then they all book in:)
I gelished her last week and got 15 bookings from it:green: Not only that but I really hate to not be happy with what I've done.
I have put the photos of my first ever lashes (done at course) in my album and the models lashes were very straight but not as straight as these!
When you say swipe and massage what do you mean??? Sorry if its a really stupid question:o

Thanks

:hug:

hi there

Thats great advice from Francesca! I am a new to lash extensions too .. and know how you feel! I never knew how different peoples eye lashes could be!

How about diagnal lashes ... i had a client last week and lots of her lashes were diagnal. Is it a case of just working on the lashes that are growing forward .. or is there a top tip here for straightening them out?

Thanks
:)

Hey there

Hope that helps.

Francesca

LASH by Francesca

Fab advice, what's swipe and massage?- have you a link or video to show this method?. TIA xx

Hi - Id have to agree with FrancescaM - straight lashes are almost a lash stylists best friend! If she wants a nice flick then use the B curl - J's will only give her length and if she is like any other woman on the face of the earth she will want an uplift :)

Swipe and massage - am I correct in saying that its a swipe of glue onto the natural lash with the ELE and then using your tweezers to hold in place or maneuver?

We all have different little sayings for our methods haha sometimes I get really stumped with names!

Latest posts

Back