Eyelashes plastic feeling

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poshpinks

Reaction score
Hi guy I have had a few people say that the lashes are quite plastic feeling are they all quite hard and plastic to start with or do I need to get a different type of lash. ?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek

Which lashes are you using?
Also, if you're getting glue all along the lash this goes hard when dry so maybe a bit of that? Xx

Are u using diff lashes than u usually use? Could be a diff thickness I.e .25 instead of .20? Xxxxzz

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

Mink lashes feel alot softer but then theres a whole different area of stigma to deal with there.

I have clients that would have no problem using them, others that would not touch them.

H x

I was wondering if there is alot of difference between eyelash extension makes or types? Im quite new to this, on my course the trainer said to just get lashes off ebay! As there wasnt alot of difference. I have got a few trays off there just for practice on friends etc. But was just wondering if there was a noticeable difference. I understand mink are really fine and natural, but what about the faux silk etc? Thanks :)

Sorry to highjack your original post,
I was just interested in the replies to your question also xx

If the lashes you have, have a plastic feel then I'd guess they are the thick lashes, do you know what thickness you have?
.25 is too thick and you need to be using .15 or .20
Hope that helps x

A lot of the cheap lashes can be stiff. Try a few brands to see what you like best. Also, the heavier the lash, the harder it will feel.

Personally I prefer the silk faux mink strips.

I was wondering if there is alot of difference between eyelash extension makes or types? Im quite new to this, on my course the trainer said to just get lashes off ebay! As there wasnt alot of difference. I have got a few trays off there just for practice on friends etc. But was just wondering if there was a noticeable difference. I understand mink are really fine and natural, but what about the faux silk etc? Thanks :)

There is a difference between different brands. A lot are imported from the same place and just re-branded but there are some that are better than others.
You need to make sure you don't mix brands as well as a 10mm in one brand may be longer than a 10mm in another brand!
I love silk lashes, they are softer than mink lashes and in my opinion, give a softer look.
You can buy mixed length trays from a lot of companies so start off with those as you want have to spend so much and then decide which ones you like best.

There is a difference between different brands. A lot are imported from the same place and just re-branded but there are some that are better than others.
You need to make sure you don't mix brands as well as a 10mm in one brand may be longer than a 10mm in another brand!
I love silk lashes, they are softer than mink lashes and in my opinion, give a softer look.
You can buy mixed length trays from a lot of companies so start off with those as you want have to spend so much and then decide which ones you like best.

Thank you :) that does make sense. I will get some mixed length trays. Ive got a couple of different types and they seem quite similar. So think I willtry another different make and see how I get on :)

Wow thanks for the replays guys most helpful, will do some more research into the different sizes styles and makes ta.xx

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek

I honestly think the only lashes that don't feel plastic are lash perfect lashes I wouldn't use anything else they are soo light, I would only wear them on myself as all the others I have tried irritate my eyes

Latest posts

Back