Eyelashes where do I start

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welshrarebit

Reaction score
Hello ladies
I'm a nail tech, mobile and salon.
I've been asked by salon owner if I would be interested in offering an eyelash service.
It's something I've thought about doing for a while but didn't want to do it mobile. Now I'm also in a salon I'm really keen to find out more and train.
So my question is - where do I start?

I don't know the first thing about lashes, which company, type of training required etc etc. I'm totally green in this area lol

Will be grateful for any advice pointing me in the right direction
I'm in Rhyl, North Wales so would like training as near to me as possible.
Thanks
Debbie :)

Hi, i came from nails too i done the LVL training which i/my clients think is fantastic! Lash extensions next!!

Have a look at Flirties the training includes kit and we have training covering most areas www.beautytrix.me there's loads of info if you use the search facility on Flirties or lashes in general.good luck with your new interest x

Have a look at Lash Perfect. Good training, good products and one of the original training companies, so loads of experience. hth and good luck - go for it!

Thanks, looks like I have a lot of research to do. I didnt realise there was so much involved with lashes.

I have been having a look at some websites.

What is the difference between LVL lashes and Lash extensions?
This shows how green I am - I thought all lashes that were put on professionally were individual lash extensions and the 'false lash strips' bought in the shops were what people used when doing their own at home.

What sort of different lashes are there available for professional use and where is best to start?

I was the same as you, I'd recommend the search function in salon geek as you'll learn so much. Just type eyelash extensions and you'll be there for hours! There's so much there and things people ain't think to reply in this post.

As for me, I trained with eyelash emporium x

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Thanks, looks like I have a lot of research to do. I didnt realise there was so much involved with lashes.

I have been having a look at some websites.

What is the difference between LVL lashes and Lash extensions?
This shows how green I am - I thought all lashes that were put on professionally were individual lash extensions and the 'false lash strips' bought in the shops were what people used when doing their own at home.

What sort of different lashes are there available for professional use and where is best to start?

There are several different types of eyelash treatments, LVL lashes are a lash lift, not an extension. There is also lash tinting (colouring the natural lash) lash perming for curl, cluster lashes which are a few lashes attached to a bulb ( actually you can get bulb free but for the purposes of explanation lol) semi permanent individual eyelash extensions which take a lot of practice but are very popular, express lashes which are similar to semi permanent but the application method differs.. Then you have good old strip lashes which are also applied in salons as well as at home by clients.

As advised by the others if you search on here you will find loads of information, Bonkers and Elliebee would be good geeks to ask for advice on all things lashes 😀

Thank you for all the info, I have a better idea now. Didn't realise there was so much lol

Latest posts

Back