Eyelashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisareid

Reaction score
I've just been told that I can't use both the micropore tape and gel pads when I sit my assessment. :irked: My clients were getting a bad reaction to the pads and I was getting stickies so I opted for both and because I was a bit heavy handed the pads were giving me more support. How should I best apply the pore tape as I can only use this now?

Also I'm getting on around 20-25 per eye so not producing a full set but I'm finding the corners really tricky to do. I'm working in the middle 1st in each eye and doing around 6, then working in the corners and doing about the same and then coming back to the middle to fill in the gaps. Does anybody have any good tips for the corners. I'm finding I'm spending more time in the middle area and that looks good but the corners look sparse so not giving the best of looks :irked:

Fingers crossed that I pass, am getting a bit nervous now that my work isn't upto stratch. I've had 3 regular clients that have come back for their in-fills but I've struggled with my training because of the snow and time of year, people just don't seem to want to get them done :cry: I've got 3 photos on my page which aren't the best any feedback on them good or bad would be great. Hopefully I can be as good as some of you one day, your work is amazing:hug:

Hi Lisa,

that seems a shame that you can't use the pads. My best tip for applying the micropore tape is to ask the client to pull their bottom lid down gently (as if they were getting eye drops in). I find this makes it much easier to apply the tape. I use 2 strips in a "V" shape. I hate not using the gel pads as I always worry I am poking the client with my tweezers when I am holding an isolated lash! If this is the case, I put an extra bit of tape under the eyes to create an extra barrier layer. (I only do this on clients who don't like the pads)

Re the corners,... Hmmm, you'll find that most of us find this more difficult. Hopefully there will be lots of tips from other geeks here but I find the thing that helps is picking the lash up at the same angle of the natural lash. ie don't pick the lash up straight as you then have to twist your wrist/tweezers to get the right angle when applying the extension. (sorry, i know I didn't explain that very well so hope you understand what I'm trying to say).

Good luck at your assessment :hug:

my only advice would be, dont forget you can tilt the clients head to the side to get a better angle for you to get the inner corner and outer corner lashes on - good luck :)

Thank you Elliebee and Blinkingorgeous for your replies. That's great about the pore tape Elliebee, I will apply it like that. :) Aah those tricky corners, I'm really struggling with them so it looks like I have a lot in the middle area and not enough in the corners.:irked: I have to say I'm not entirely happy with my photos but my clients were happy and came back so that's always a positive sign. Hopefully I can apply enough good lashes on the day and just improve my work. Blinkingorgeous I took your advice and got a great head lamp for evening work so thanks for that, has worked a treat :hug:

Also I'm getting on around 20-25 per eye so not producing a full set but I'm finding the corners really tricky to do. I'm working in the middle 1st in each eye and doing around 6, then working in the corners and doing about the same and then coming back to the middle to fill in the gaps. Does anybody have any good tips for the corners. I'm finding I'm spending more time in the middle area and that looks good but the corners look sparse so not giving the best of looks :irked:
It's easier if you work in a set pattern.
I usually do 'the bones' first, or the 'skeleton', whatever you call it.
So i usually do 10-15 lashes per eye, all evenly spaced going from outer corner to inner corner.
Then i put a lash in between each of those lashes, which will give me roughly 20-30 lashes. Then i'll put a lash in between those lashes.
That way the lashes will look nice and even and you don't have to worry about doing the corners all in one go.
Also, like someone has already said, if you need to move your clients head to make it easier, then move it!
Good luck with your assessment.

Angelina that sounds a great way to do the lashes. I was trained to apply the 1st eyelash in the middle area and will have to do that for my assessment. Would it still work if I then work from the inner corner to the middle and then the outer corner to the middle and then put a lash between those lashes etc? Am looking forward to working on a set of lashes and using these fantastic tips. You girls rock:hug: :)

Yes i was trained to start in the middle too. It's too much of a faff-lol
We all develop our own techniques once we have trained in anything.
I do spray tanning and i do it completely different to how i was trained. You work out which is easier for you.
Do what you need to do to get through your assessment and after that you will pick up little hints and tips that will make your life easier.
For me, I prefer to work from outer edge to inner edge and i know exactly where i am then!

The best tips and advice I've received is from this website. You are all wee gems for sharing your skills, I'm so grateful:hug: I am so going to change my technique when I pass my assessment I think starting in the middle is a faff too :lol:

Thanks again :hug:

Latest posts

Back