Fabric# Help Needed!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cutiecuticles

Reaction score
Well, after a day of doing my fabric# induction yesterday i was very pleased with myself and proud of my nails, i absolutely adored the system and wanted to do everyone Fabric#! However, on the way home from Creative my model had broken one of the nails simply by texting! Her thumb finger! The tip just snapped off! Then half an hour later she realised shed lost another one!? The tip area only again!
I felt really deflated! I repaired them straight away and hopefully these will stay put!! What did i do wrong?! Ive done one on my thumb finger, didnt have time to do the rest and it feels really strong so ill see how this one goes!! Im really upset i thought id done a fab job and they just came off in no time at all! ANy help/ideas/tips greatly welcomed!!
Thanks!

cutiecuticles said:
Well, after a day of doing my fabric# induction yesterday i was very pleased with myself and proud of my nails, i absolutely adored the system and wanted to do everyone Fabric#! However, on the way home from Creative my model had broken one of the nails simply by texting! Her thumb finger! The tip just snapped off! Then half an hour later she realised shed lost another one!? The tip area only again!
I felt really deflated! I repaired them straight away and hopefully these will stay put!! What did i do wrong?! Ive done one on my thumb finger, didnt have time to do the rest and it feels really strong so ill see how this one goes!! Im really upset i thought id done a fab job and they just came off in no time at all! ANy help/ideas/tips greatly welcomed!!
Thanks!

Hi Vicci,

Perhaps you need to apply alittle more boost in the stress area. Did she have the tips too long?

Did you make sure that you got the fabric to completely disappear with the bond, using extra coats if needed before going onto the next stage of build? When I did my induction I just put enough coats on to get the enhancement to look completely clear before going onto the build wheras one of the other girls still had the fabric, especially the fibreglass showing through her applications and her model's also broke before she got home. Try extra coats of bond and build up the apex a bit more with boost and see if it makes a difference. HTH:)

Thanks for that ill try doing more boost in the stress area. The silk completely disappeared so not sure if it was that. Guess its just lots of practice!

was you at the course in leeds on friday vikki?? i think i was sat next to you lol! x

Yeah i was!! How did you get on then? My first hand took forever and that was the hand which broke too! The 2nd was quite quick but they lasted!! Lol!

Latest posts

Back