Fabric softener

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charleneweeooo

Reaction score
This may be the stupidest thing I've ever asked 😂 but I was just about to do a washing and forgot I ran out of fabric softener yesterday...
I've heard of people using fabric softener on their hair when they have no conditioner (never tried it, would never risk.it) BUT how do you think using conditioner instead of some Lenor would work? Some Garnier on my bedsheets wouldnt hurt would it? 😂

Did you do it ? Just curious 😏

I never use fabric softener. The place I buy the kids school uniform from told me to never use it on them as it ruins the clothes. I couldn't tell you if a bit of Garnier would hurt tho hahaha or what fabric softener would do to hair, apart from make it smell like ylang ylang and jojoba? Lol

I never use fabric softener. The place I buy the kids school uniform from told me to never use it on them as it ruins the clothes. I couldn't tell you if a bit of Garnier would hurt tho hahaha or what fabric softener would do to hair, apart from make it smell like ylang ylang and jojoba? Lol

It's actually in the washing instructions of my daughter's school skirt not to use fabric conditioner.

Ooh ive never heard being advised not to use it... Should probs read my labels more 😕 I just LOVE the stuff lol even more so when I was pregnant, could have drank it.

Sadly I never tried it, was too scared! But yeah whenever my friend runs out of conditioner she always uses it and swears by it lol xx

I use fabric conditioner with everything , I'm going to check my girls uniforms now ;) you learn something new everyday😝

Yes you can use hair conditioner, You can make your own fabric softener at home using

4 cups of hot water
Half a cup of baking soda
Half a cup of hair conditioner

Just mix together.

💅❤️

Ooh I'll keep that one in mind thankyou! Xx

There is no need for fabric softener. As stated, it can ruin clothes.

You could put a small cup of cider / white vinegar in the last rinse, this will freshen up the colours too. Can also be used on hair ;)

Oh I can't not use the stuff! love the smell and hate the way denims come out feeling without it lol xx

I heard that you shouldn't use fabric conditioner on towels at it makes them less effective at drying. I think it must coat them with something and make them less absorbent. Apart from that I use it in every wash....I love the smell when it's drying and when it's fresh on. Can't beat it! :D

Apparently fabric softener contains the same oils used to make diesel so it would stop towels being as effective at absorbing moisture.

But it makes them soooo fluffy! 😂

Latest posts

Back