Facebook arguments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaniBeautyAngel

Reaction score
Don't know why but this really bugs me, recently been seeing posts from "business owners" on Facebook basically having a go at potential customers in full view of everyone else, was thinking about having a treatment done by one until they told a customer to "f" off but it's really put me off. If a customer has an issue wouldn't it be better to do it by pm. Thought I would share that with you guys, I only get a "hmmm" from the other half! :)

I agree with you. I think this speaks volumes about the business. No matter how rude the client, a conscientious business owner shouldn't air their grievance in a public forum like facebook. It sends a negative message to current and potential clients.

Crieky I can't say iv came across that, but wudnt dream of doing that! As much as people can pee u off & seem to mess u about over f book, Diplomacy Is the best policy

I was quite shocked to see it myself, said person had done whole status dedicated to this one customer telling her to 'f' off! Quite annoying really as they look really busy with appointments and selling items and we are struggling to get one person in a week.

I've seen a lot of our suppliers get nasty comments from the general public and found myself defending some of the companies as I supply the products. I find it very offensive as I know a lot of it is untrue. I think the person that wrote the f off comment shouldn't have done so in that manner but are right to correct a client who has been untruthful if this was the case. Need to be much more professional about it though obviously!

Without seeing the comments I can't say for definite but swearing looks bad any way you look at it. People need to be more careful on business. x

Many people seem to think they can say whatever they want when they are on any kind of forum or social network site.

Most of these people would be to afraid to say even a fraction of what they write .. its quite pathetic really.

Bad mannered, rude, ignorant people.

I certainly wouldn't spend my money with anyone who entered into such verbal confrontation in an open arena.

Jacqui xx

it makes me think that the people you are talking about aren't even qualified and are running a buisness uneducated, uncouth and probably watched a few you tube clips and think they can do it.

The whole point of training is to teach you how to be a therapist, these people certainly are not worthy of the title.

I recently noticed that a nail tech local to me is now 'naming and shaming' clients who cancel/forget about appointments!! From what I could see - she posted a screenshot of a conversation she'd had with a client including the girl's name and picture - she hadn't even confirmed the booking properly, spoken to the client properly or called to check the girl still wanted the appointment. Scary. I'd be terrified of booking with her in case I had to cancel.

I recently noticed that a nail tech local to me is now 'naming and shaming' clients who cancel/forget about appointments!! From what I could see - she posted a screenshot of a conversation she'd had with a client including the girl's name and picture - she hadn't even confirmed the booking properly, spoken to the client properly or called to check the girl still wanted the appointment. Scary. I'd be terrified of booking with her in case I had to cancel.

She needs to be careful, this is a serious breach of Data Protection rules!

All these social media concepts are a real bonus for business often free with lots of ways of promoting your business etc etc but my biggest bug bear is reading status updates when there is arguing going on. I know I'm older and I have really tried to grasp facebook and just joined twitter (though god knows what I'm doing) as I've got to learn that now.

BUT from a business point of view some of these "professional" people are really falling short of showcasing their business. I would run a mile from any that use slandering, swearing and general down right rudeness to put their point across.

I understand that people book appointments, cancellations and generally make comments and enquire about prices using these mediums but I prefer phone contact for this. I cannot afford to sit on facebook all day answering questions. I politely ask that they call the salon, this way I can sell a treatment or service. If someone was unhappy I would also ask them to call the salon to discuss or pop in. I would remove any posts that were rude and unhelpful and block them.

This is not the way I wish the world to see how my business is run and I'm not saying that anyone who runs their business this way is wrong, it's just not for me.

It leaves a nasty feel to any site.

Latest posts

Back