Facebook ''boosts''

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danielle0904

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

does anyone use the ''boost post'' option much on facebook and if so do you get much from it?

thanks

Hi,
I've done it twice. Got about 5 new followers each time, who all lived in Scotland which would be great if I wasn't in London :/
Maybe I did something wrong though
Xx

I've used the promote which is about £3 a day, I got loads of new likes, first time I didn't narrow the area down enough so got randoms from all over but I did one the other day and put just my local area and got 17 new likes from locals in 24 hrs! Whether it brings in more clients I'm not sure yet as was only couple days ago but it's getting me out there a bit more which can only be good 😊

Iv used it to put the offer things on, and done quite well. Done one on Thursday and 13 ppl have redeemed the offer, it gets emailed to them and them they bring in the email.
Xx
Sent from my GT-N7105 using SalonGeek mobile app

Iv used it to put the offer things on, and done quite well. Done one on Thursday and 13 ppl have redeemed the offer, it gets emailed to them and them they bring in the email.
Xx
Sent from my GT-N7105 using SalonGeek mobile app

Sorry; what offer are you talking about? Is this something FB do or was this something you did yourself and self promoted through your FB page. It sounds like it was successful so I would be interested in knowing a bit more if possible.

Sorry; what offer are you talking about? Is this something FB do or was this something you did yourself and self promoted through your FB page. It sounds like it was successful so I would be interested in knowing a bit more if possible.

When you have over so many likes on your page you have the facility to then setup 'offers' under a tab that becomes available.

Then they can click to redeem the offer and details get e-mailed to them.

Ooo that sounds interesting! How many likes do you need for that??

Thanks

Any other experiences of successful boosts ?

I have paid £3 a day for a month and what I've set up is that each post I make is a sponsored post, gets seen by more people than usual. Last week, I posted each night that the salon was open the following day, what hours and who had availability. Got a booking each day from that. Granted, they were returning clients but it prompts them to book in. I've also done an advert at the side of the page and it's a pay per click, that worked well for getting new likers.

When you have over so many likes on your page you have the facility to then setup 'offers' under a tab that becomes available.

Then they can click to redeem the offer and details get e-mailed to them.

Yes exactly this, sorry bit late posting. It's the second one iv done and they also make you like the page after getting offer so they continue to see you post.

This only works on business pages...not normal personal pages made to be "business page"

Xx

Yes exactly this, sorry bit late posting. It's the second one iv done and they also make you like the page after getting offer so they continue to see you post.

This only works on business pages...not normal personal pages made to be "business page"

Xx

I've just noticed I've got the offer tabs, but it says it cost £37 minimum, is that right?!!!

We used it about two weeks ago to run a promotion on teeth whitening. We've gained over 60 new clients from it. We set a £70 budget for it. Previously we set a £15 budget and it got about 5 follows not. So think the more spent the better it is

I used it a couple of weeks ago on the advice of a friend who has a preschool swimming franchise. She had FB gurus advice to do it. My advert reached over 9000 people, usually it's about 200. It cost $35. (not sure what I will pay in £'s). I also got about 100 more likes and much more engagement with my page. I'll definitley be doing it again. When you do it you need to target friends of friends as they are more likely to be local.

I would see if you reap rewards in terms of more bookings etc.

More likers and post engagement, although great, don't really mean much. I find facebook a complete load of rubbish to be honest except in terms of communicating quickly with clients or having quick backwards and forwards conversations and sending website examples and details etc.

I used it a couple of weeks ago on the advice of a friend who has a preschool swimming franchise. She had FB gurus advice to do it. My advert reached over 9000 people, usually it's about 200. It cost $35. (not sure what I will pay in £'s). I also got about 100 more likes and much more engagement with my page. I'll definitley be doing it again. When you do it you need to target friends of friends as they are more likely to be local.

But how many people booked!?

I think the buisness pages are rubbish tbh. You end up with loads of like but people dont really book etc and its just a way of facebook making money

I have to say most of my bookings come via fb one way or another. I do have a lot of friends on there, about 700 and a lot of people and clients recommend me on a local fb online selling page. The more people that see my posts and pictures etc. The more clients I will get, it's all word of mouth at the end of the day.

I would see if you reap rewards in terms of more bookings etc.

More likers and post engagement, although great, don't really mean much. I find facebook a complete load of rubbish to be honest except in terms of communicating quickly with clients or having quick backwards and forwards conversations and sending website examples and details etc.

Shame as I sent you a message on your Facebook page asking about a quote lol!!

I've just noticed I've got the offer tabs, but it says it cost £37 minimum, is that right?!!!

If you click the OTHER tab you can set your own budget (think the lowest is £6) the only problem with them is it's says eg 15 have claimed but they don't very often book in for their appointments

Shame as I sent you a message on your Facebook page asking about a quote lol!!

Have we not replied?
Like I say it's very hard to keep track of quite a few conversations where as emails tend to get marked to be replied to.

Have we not replied?
Like I say it's very hard to keep track of quite a few conversations where as emails tend to get marked to be replied to.

Not yet, and I have sent an e mail too ;)

Latest posts

Back