Facebook generating business?????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelheart

Reaction score
Hi just wondering if anyone has generated any business from facebook? Have resisted joining but have heard the odd person sing its praises for mobile/home salon business?? Just curious:green:

Oh yes definately. Just on my private facebook. I list my events and special offers and it gets bookings coming in . I reccomend 100%:Grope:

Will join then, have been put off by stories of weirdos, but guess you can have some control? Thanks for that:)

YES, FB most definately generates business.
PARTICULARLY if you take pictures of client's nails, then 'tag' them.
When a photo is tagged with a person's name, everyone on their friend's list is advised of the new photo on their 'Status Updates" page..
In other words... ALLL their friend's see your work...

I've had many people 'add me' as a result of this and several turned into clients.

hope this helps
:hug:

Thanks for the advice, i need to get myself joined:green:

thank you I have some picture on facebook but there are not tag. I think I will do that tonight. thank you

By the way, Nathalie, I am fluently bilingual French/English.
If ever you're uncertain of something here on Salongeek, please don't be shy to ask me and I will explain.
ALTHOUGH... I do tend to mess up my conjugation on verbs occasionally
:o

By the way, Nathalie, I am fluently bilingual French/English.
If ever you're uncertain of something here on Salongeek, please don't be shy to ask me and I will explain.
ALTHOUGH... I do tend to mess up my conjugation on verbs occasionally
:o

Yes, that's what I thought. thank you. Here I will try my best english and if I,m not sure I will pm you. thank you

I just tried the apex thing. Not sure I got it right.

I recently joined fb. I created a business group and a business page and invited all my friends. Loads have joined. An old school friend contacted me and I'm doing her nails this Friday. Yesterday I put an ad on gumtree and within half an hour got a call from a girl who said she found me thru gumtree.

hi

i find facebook great because the days i work are very random due to my boyfriends work changing at the last minute and having no babysitters for my 4 month and 23 month old.

i use my own personal site as most of my customers are friends and are on facebook. i normally know a couple of days before if my boyfriend is off so i post onto facebook saying i have appointments for whatever day and my diary fills very fast.

I've just measured my advertising for the last month and I found that facebook has generated me the least revenue.

Anyone got any advice how to get some more business from it as I am putting pics and special offers on there x

I set up a group on Facebook advertising my mobile services, I've now got about 150 people in the group and have had about 8 new customers from it this month.

I definately think it's worth it!

Facebook worked wonders for me! Started out mobile spray tanning couple months ago in evenings and at wkends, and probably 80% of my clients have found me through facebook! I made a separate page for my tanning business and post updates and offers on there and on my personal one, and I get new people adding me every week!

im newly qualified and posted a message on the buy and sell groups on facebook local to me and i have had loads of responce . really good :) xx

I was really reluctant to advertise on facebook to begin with.....but you just hav to look at it as free advertising and you are getting your information straight to th clients you want to see it! Far better than advertising in local papers as folk can miss adverts! I made up a page rather than advertising on my personal profile which saves randoms wanting to be your friend and you get weekly updates to tell you how many views and new fans you have ect. You dont hav t make th page public until you hav all th information you want on it then all i did was recommend it to all my friends and then other people find it and become fans. There are new folk following it every week!

Amanda xx

I have been using Facebook for about 6 months now and find it very useful for advertising, and getting new clients. I have heard that Twitter is also good for business, has anyone been using it and if so how has it worked for you?

I can say Facebook and word of mouth mostly

Facebook is brilliant, it spreads the word... its free and mostly effective. Works for any type of business!

There is another thread on here about Facebook, where people list their Facebook profile and add each other to boost members or 'likes'. If you added your profile to this thread, you'd see numbers jump considerably, which might help.

My salon isn't even open yet and Facebook has got me quite a few bookings! Highly recommend it!

Latest posts

Back