Facebook page for advertising?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helenlovesnails

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

i like a lot of people am an avid user of facebook!

i have set up a profile and a page of my nail business, just wondering if anyone knows how i go about inviting people to join it who arent my friends?

i can type my town in should i just add people to it and see if it generates any business?

Hi, I've been looking at the possibilty of using Facebook too. Can I ask if you had to pay to list your business profile? Good luck x

no you can just set up a page for free. they do do advertising but it is quite expensive!

Im watching this with interest if you advertise thou does it mean anyone can view your profile or is your advert separate to your everyday profile??:eek:

Hi helen, i am also addicted to facebook and had an idea.....why dont you send all your "friends" an invite, you may be surprised who replies. Keep me posted, would be interested to see how it goes. Or you could set up an event (where you work) and again invite all your friends. hth

martine

Im watching this with interest if you advertise thou does it mean anyone can view your profile or is your advert separate to your everyday profile??:eek:
I've just managed to work out that the section "about me" in my profile is where the Spray Tanning At Home information goes, and I typed in a bit of basic information. Any opportunity to advertise ...... I think you still have to be a Facebook Friend to see my details, not open to the general public etc (I hope anyway), but I've just joined the Facebook "Mobile Spray Tan" group, and I believe all members can see my details x

you adjust your settings so that anyone or everyone can view your page.....I just did mine so that only friends can view, that way I control who looks at my personal info and my friends list but you are making me think twice about that now........lol

I remember a while back there was an article in one of the big newspapers about how you cant advertise your business on facebook. Not sure how much truth there is to it, but I suppose it makes sense because its a social networking site not an advertising site. In the article some peoples personal and business pages were closed and they were ''banned''.

Not trying to pee on parades just saying what I read.

Becki

I use facebook all the time, its a lot of work but its free and even if you get 1 person off it its worth it because its FREE. I just add friends of friends or friends of nightclubs with facebook pages. I've found it quite successful but does require a lot of work to keep contacting people.
Ive prob got about 500 friends atm, so messaging all them takes a while!
x

I have seen it work well with the “owned” picture trader thingy that is on there. People put pictures on with their contact details and they get traded across face book. A friend of mine has had some success with this.

We have done this recently for our company. its free marketing and a great way to meet and interact with future customers.
dont worry about paying the expensive advertising fee's on facebook. just make a page with your name and photos and you are ready to start networking.
i feel it's important to keep up with the times in this age and facebook is the future.

I have got my business advertised as a group which is called the
( Creative Claws nail art addicts group) on face book and i upload all the nail pics which i have done on my clients.

I invited all my friends and i have gained extra friends all over the world who have veiwed my nail pics and they can leave comments it is great.

I totally recomend it as it is all free.:lol:

Latest posts

Back