Facebook Page or Group?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nail Junkie

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I apologise if i've missed a past thread but couldnt see anything which related to this.

After 3years i think i need to 'get in the now' and advertise on Facebook and Twitter. After looking at some fantastic examples on other Threads i have some great inspiration to get on with it this week.

Please could someone tell me firstly the difference and also which is the best way to advertise on Facebook? In otherwords set up a Group or Page?

I know creating a new profile is against Facebook rules so just wondered what most of my fellow geeks are doing?

Thank You! :confused:

I think a page is your best option.
Previously I wanted to change to a profile, because you can't currently message on pages - but that is set to change in the near future.
Facebook changes from the preview I have seen will look very similar to personal accounts and have the option to private message, so all the issues we had with having a page before will be gone :)

I think a page is your best option.
Previously I wanted to change to a profile, because you can't currently message on pages - but that is set to change in the near future.
Facebook changes from the preview I have seen will look very similar to personal accounts and have the option to private message, so all the issues we had with having a page before will be gone :)

That's good to know, that's hun :) x

I started as a page but found you don't reach many people this way (where a lot of people use facebook on their phones they don't get the notifications to "like" your page which is annoying) so I have now set my business up as a profile too - this way you can keep adding people as friends which I think enables better advertising x

Definitely a page. If you read all the fb tutorials, you will know how to use it effectively.

Businesses that set up as a profile have their accounts closed and banned. Therefore all your hard work deleted.

You can private message as a page, it's the best way forward.
Hth xx

Definitely a page. If you read all the fb tutorials, you will know how to use it effectively.

Businesses that set up as a profile have their accounts closed and banned. Therefore all your hard work deleted.

You can private message as a page, it's the best way forward.
Hth xx

Thank you. Think i'll go for a page. Just been looking at a previous thread on facebook and i think the only difference with an open group is its a bit like a forum of discussion.
When you set up a page do you need to upload photos to your own profile or do they go directly on the page?
Hoping to create one tonight!

Thanks for the advice :)

I started as a page but found you don't reach many people this way (where a lot of people use facebook on their phones they don't get the notifications to "like" your page which is annoying) so I have now set my business up as a profile too - this way you can keep adding people as friends which I think enables better advertising x

Thanks Amanda, I would of liked to do this but have heard Facebook close down business profiles so didnt want to risk it :) x

Your welcome :) like I said I do have a page aswell. I just created the profile as not everyone was able to see the page. I am not one of those people who add hundreds and hundreds of people (those profiles do get shut down) - I just wanted to create something that advertised my business to my friends. Goodluck with creating your page xx

There is also a facility to convert your personal account into a page. You will lose all your pics and wall posts but your new facebook page will have all your friends converted into likes.......very handy if you are not fussed about facebook on a personal level and want to use it only for business.

There is a link here and the help part explains it far better than I can.

Facebook Pages: Bugs and Known Issues - Facebook Help Centre | Facebook

hth x

Latest posts

Back